How to setup cam bolts?

Started by BahnStormer, July 8, 2018, 08:25

BahnStormer

Can I check how to setup Eibach easy-cam bolts?

https://eibach.com/us/i-6266-pro-alignment-camber-bolt-kit.html

I took mine in for an alignment check straight after installing the coilovers and I've been told that I've set mine up incorrectly in several ways: the adjustment washer is on the wrong side (should apparently be on the bolt side, NOT the nut), which does make sense, the main bit that I wanted to check on is the bolts: Apparently the cam adjustment bolts should be in the TOP, not bottom?

The camber is apparently almost exactly on stock setup, so perfectly drivable, but I just want to get it sorted before if gets too much corrosion on that and it all becomes 10x more difficult!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

BahnStormer

Is this better suited in the maintenance, problems and trouble-shooting part of the forum?
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

wotugonado

@BahnStormer

It's official you've had a mare  :) Power flex instructions below

---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

BahnStormer

Oh balls... Yep figured as much :(

Thanks though @ wotugonado

wotugonado

---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

james_ly

Is camber adjustable on the top mounts as well?
MR2 gone<br />GT86

jvanzyl

Not on the rears.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

BahnStormer

Quote from: james_ly on July 10, 2018, 10:15

nope - not for the rears: Camber adjustment is only via the bolts... the fronts have camber adjustment on the topmounts though.

One other thing I noticed: the OEM torque settings are 173Nm... but it looks like the Powerflex ones max out at 122Nm and everything I can find relating to the Eibach ones indicated 80Nm-120Nm, so either way, I think my camber bolts are seriously over-torqued  :o

Do you think I'm okay to leave them for another 3 weeks (a few hundred miles)?!? I know the camber is OEM spec now, so I was only going to swap them back the day before I'm due to go back to WIM (28 July).

str160

Quote from: BahnStormer on July 10, 2018, 10:39

nope - not for the rears: Camber adjustment is only via the bolts... the fronts have camber adjustment on the topmounts though.

One other thing I noticed: the OEM torque settings are 173Nm... but it looks like the Powerflex ones max out at 122Nm and everything I can find relating to the Eibach ones indicated 80Nm-120Nm, so either way, I think my camber bolts are seriously over-torqued  :o

Do you think I'm okay to leave them for another 3 weeks (a few hundred miles)?!? I know the camber is OEM spec now, so I was only going to swap them back the day before I'm due to go back to WIM (28 July).

Really? How? I had mine apart at the weekend and didn't see anything there that would indicate adjustment.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: str160 on July 10, 2018, 14:26

Really? How? I had mine apart at the weekend and didn't see anything there that would indicate adjustment.
Possibly talking about coilovers which often have adjustable top mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

str160

Quote from: Call the midlife! on July 10, 2018, 14:29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, missed that.

BahnStormer

The photo at the top is of a rear BC Racing Coilover with new droplinks and incorrectly installed Eibach EZ Cam adjustment bolts.

Regarding fronts: they are the same BC Racing coilovers - this photo is a Google-images search for something that just looks a bit like mine - so this isn't an MR2 - the topmount plate is a slightly different shape, but the centre adjustments look exactly like this...

BahnStormer

Quote from: Call the midlife! on July 10, 2018, 14:29

Yep this is all about coilovers....

Quote from: BahnStormer on July  8, 2018, 08:25
I took mine in for an alignment check straight after installing the coilovers and I've been told that I've set mine up incorrectly in several ways: the adjustment washer is on the wrong side (should apparently be on the bolt side, NOT the nut), which does make sense, the main bit that I wanted to check on is the bolts: Apparently the cam adjustment bolts should be in the TOP, not bottom?

Tags: