Now found - Practical Classics wanted a 2 to photo at Thruxton

Started by DanRS4x, August 10, 2020, 20:08

DanRS4x

Edit: Chilli Girl tells us below they're sorted now.

Republished with permission

Hello, I edit Practical Classics Magazine. We are after an unmodified MKIII (original wheels and spec) for a photoshoot at Thruxton Circuit on Wednesday 26th August starting at 10am. We will be observing Covid protocols and will therefore not need to drive your car. We can offer  petrol expenses if required to maximum of £40. You will receive the magazine your car features in plus the professional Matt Howell photographs for your personal use. Be great to see a MkIII featured on the cover. Please PM me.

danny.hopkins@practicalclassics.co.uk
Oscar (the Grouch) named for the grumbly exhaust note
2005 silver HT/AC, Stainless Creations twin exhaust, Tein lowering springs, Ultra Racing front strut brace, Dev's door bushings (more mods to come)

stewart@boro

Has anybody taken this up, fantastic opportunity to get the car a bit of publicity & the club
Unfortunately mine is not bog standard ;)

Please post up any progress
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

Chilli Girl

Thought I'd reply - I've sent an email to Danny at Practical Classics.  You never know Foxy may get asked, after all she's a bog standard 2 (except for Dev's key covers) which I could remove for for the day ;)  It would be nice to represent this great Club.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

tricky1138

Quote from: Chilli Girl on August 11, 2020, 08:31Thought I'd reply - I've sent an email to Danny at Practical Classics.  You never know Foxy may get asked, after all she's a bog standard 2 (except for Dev's key covers) which I could remove for for the day ;)  It would be nice to represent this great Club.

I just googled where Thruxton was and noticed it was near Salisbury, and thought that yours would be a good choice. Bernie's is just a little bit non standard for them! haha. Was going to tag you but you've already seen it. Good luck.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Chilli Girl

Well, you never know they may want Foxy, they may not.  If you don't ask then you'll never know ;)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Chilli Girl

Just received a rapid response - apparently there's been loads of interest and they are sorted with one now. :'( I'd like to know where are all these Roadsters, I barely see one in my neck of the woods!  Anyway, Foxy can step down for now and I look forward to seeing the 2 they've chosen. (Bet it's red) >:D It would be great if they are a member from here but sadly I don't think they will be.

Joesson

Quote from: Chilli Girl on August 11, 2020, 08:31Thought I'd reply - I've sent an email to Danny at Practical Classics.  You never know Foxy may get asked, after all she's a bog standard 2 (except for Dev's key covers) which I could remove for for the day ;)  It would be nice to represent this great Club.

@Dev has a photo of a slightly modified ( exhaust and side mirrors) black 2, very nice, in Photography corner post #612, strangely no key hole covers featured!

PS had wished Foxy good luck  with the application but saw your "sorry but".
Yes, where are they all? Anyway, no accounting for taste if other than Silver, "The People's Choice ", official , I have a certificate ( somewhere) from @StuC  at a Gaydon meet

Dev

Have you heard the story of the shoe cobbler's kids.

I have a keyhole cover on the other side. About 10 years ago I ripped out my aftermarket alarm system and since then I needed a way to lock the drivers side door but I never do since vehicle theft is at an all time low in my area I leave the doors unlocked and nothing in the cabin so I plan to put it back.  Sadly I no longer have a De-dimplator as I gave the last one from my car to member  thinking I would make more at a future point but I lost the jig. 

Tags: