Whiteline Anti Roll Bars & Drop Link Thread Length - Experience Please

Started by virginpaul, March 9, 2021, 21:16

virginpaul

I have ordered a pair of identical but longer threaded ball joint front drop links from Spring Loaded - the chap on the phone knew exactly about this issue of too short a thread when using Whiteline updated anti roll bars - he recommended a Mitsubishi link.  I will report when I receive and have fitted them.

tets

I've just nipped my rears up and the my nylock hit the thread, only just mind but it got there - they were random eBay ones so lucky I guess

virginpaul

Final Fix!

Purchased 2 sets of droplinks from Springloaded (www.spring-loaded.co.uk) and fitted them this morning:

Fronts are Mitsubishi Motors 4056A044's instead of stock MR2 (RN-UPR-4):-

Comparison of Bolt Lengths:-
IMG_6254 by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

Installed:-
Img_6272 by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

...and bolts nicely in safety...
Img_6274a by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

Rears are RN-ADJ110B MR2 Adjustables:-

Comparison of Bolt Lengths:-
IMG_6262 by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

Installed:-
Img_6268 by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

The rears had shoulder flats as opposed to Hex centers and needed an ultra slim spanner (17mm) - luckily, I dug out an old slim bike multi spanner to lock the ball ends whilst tightening the nuts:-

Img_6270 by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

Img_6267 by virgin_pabs, on Flickr

Thanks for everyone who inputted to this thread - although the wirelocking was sufficient - I didn't want an MOT tester who didn't get what it was (or even may have been unable to determine if it was locked or anti-locked - not casting any dispersion's on MOT testers.

Chilli Girl

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

@virginpaul
That looks like a proper job now, but please confirm that the last picture is work in progress.

105e

virginpaul

Quote from: Joesson on April 13, 2021, 15:26@virginpaul
That looks like a proper job now, but please confirm that the last picture is work in progress.
totally - the spanner is back in the box!

Roj

Glad you got it sorted. I haven't dealt with Spring Loaded personally but they were recommended elsewhere. Good to know they came through in the end.

Tags: