Leather Re-trim

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2006, 13:17

Anonymous

Apart from Rogue - where have people been getting quotes from?
The seats in my car could do with a re-trim, just want standard black leather replacements.

If you could give details of anywhere to try I'd be grateful - where is the place in Kings Lynn? Cheers

Roo

edward.carter

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... lver+dream m  rubery, birmingham 4hundred and something for the retrim on that one, looks nice too.

Anonymous

beat me to it.  s:D :D s:D  
the company is called j m grant.coach trimming and upholstery,in rubery b459jt.
total cost including vat was £411.25.
took a total of 3 days.dropped seats and door panels off tuesday morning, collected on friday afternoon.
excellent service and a good selection of leather and cloth to chose from.

loadswine

Quote from: "Roo"Apart from Rogue - where have people been getting quotes from?
The seats in my car could do with a re-trim, just want standard black leather replacements.

If you could give details of anywhere to try I'd be grateful - where is the place in Kings Lynn? Cheers

Roo
Not sure of the actual address in Kings Lynn, only using email at the moment. Will get the job done as soon as I can source some sky blue alcantara. This is holding things up at the mo.
I can give you the guy's email address if you like.
As soon as I get the nod that work can start I'll get all the bits off the car, that will be fun!  s:? :? s:?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your help.

Nigel: Yes please.

Cheers

Roo

loadswine

PM sent ,Roo.

Anonymous

Replied.

Cheers   s:D :D s:D

alancdavis

I need a trim shop in the north west or cumbria  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

alancdavis

Do you have an adress or phone number
Schaffino leather in Wolverhampton quoted £450 for 2 tone leather seat and door panel retrim.
Can anyone help on my earlier questions?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Chris_h

Chop chop Alan!

We're all forming an orderly queue for your old leather cast offs!!!   s:D :D s:D
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

loadswine

Sorry Alan, my research, so far has not gone that far North I'm afraid.
My project is now just two tone leather, as I can't get the alcantara in the right shade of blue.

alancdavis

Just got some red cloth seats and door cards from a 2004 car,,,,the new type of seats with the  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   hole   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
So as soon as I get them recovered my black leather seats and door cards will be up for sensible bids  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Chris_h

Quote from: "alancdavis"Just got some red cloth seats and door cards from a 2004 car,,,,the new type of seats with the  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   hole   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
So as soon as I get them recovered my black leather seats and door cards will be up for sensible bids  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Well done in finding the 03 hole seats..

I shall start saving my pennies   s:D :D s:D  

It looks like we are relatively local, will you put them on Ebay? or via the site?

Just wondering what ££ you had in mind  (PM if you like?)

Cheers,

Chris
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

alancdavis

As you will have seen on E Bay ,,,Red leather has been selling for around £200,,,,,so It is reasonable to think mine will be worth offers starting around that as I will include the door cards  s:D :D s:D

loadswine

My retrim is booked now and I now have to start stripping the car out. Hope I can manage it!

Chris_h

Nigel, if you plan on selling cloth covers afterwards I could be interested..

chris

loadswine

Okay Chris, I'll see if the trimmer can save them. Not sure if he has to use the original for a pattern or something, will investigate.

alancdavis

What coulours are you going for Chis,  s:P :P s:P   and if you dont mind ,,,how much is the work and who is doing it,,,,,,,,,,  s:?: :?: s:?:

loadswine

All the bits are off the car now. Steering wheel took some persuading, but thanks to some encouraging words from Slacey, got it off.
All going up to Kings Lynn on Friday to a guy called Lee Kiley.  Scheme is now for 2 tone leather - sky blue/ royal blue and its around £675 for door panels, seats, gaiter, door pulls, door armrests, steering wheel and console uprights. Also going to get an armrest made for the centre console, but that's extra ,as it was an afterthought.
Now thinking about changing the colour of one or two dash parts or maybe getting one of those dash kits - not sure!

Chris_h

Quote from: "alancdavis"What coulours are you going for Chis,  s:P :P s:P   and if you dont mind ,,,how much is the work and who is doing it,,,,,,,,,,  s:?: :?: s:?:
Hi ALan - not sure if that is meant for me?

I had red cloth, with a nasty 'scag' on the driver's bolster. So am looking to change to anything really. Full leather would be nice, or simply a replacement cloth seat cover in red if the price is good.

loadswine

That's how I went for my red covers that are now coming off. I bought an almost new cover for the upper driver's side from Liz, who had had hers replaced under warranty. Haven't used my car that much, so that particular cover is mint. If my trimmer needs a pattern for the top section, I'll get him to use the old original cover instead of the new one.

Chris_h

Quote from: "loadswine"That's how I went for my red covers that are now coming off. I bought an almost new cover for the upper driver's side from Liz, who had had hers replaced under warranty. Haven't used my car that much, so that particular cover is mint. If my trimmer needs a pattern for the top section, I'll get him to use the old original cover instead of the new one.

Thanks Nigel, if you do decide to sell one of the red uppers, I'll certainly buy it from you. I am assuming the upper cover is the same on both sides?

Cheers,

Chris

loadswine

I'll sell the lot, if they are not sacrificed. The original red is in pretty good nick.
If it all works out, I'll send you the "before" pics I took this morning Chris.

loadswine

Picked up my retrimmed bits today, and all I can say is WOW! They are beautifully done and can't wait to get them in the car. Doing some upgrade work on the sounds too, waiting delivery on a 4 channel amp and some sound deadening.
The trimmer, Lee, has excelled himself and it was definitely worth going up to Kings Lynn 2 weekends running to get it all done. Colour scheme is exactly as I wanted, perhaps not to everyones' taste, and should give the 2 a unique character.
Pics up when fitted.

Tags: