Which Spoiler

Started by celmacmat, March 18, 2006, 20:56

celmacmat

Hi,

I have just bought a 2003 Mk3   s:D :D s:D   and would like to fit a rear spoiler.

I had a look at past post but couldn't find a decent picture of all the spoilers available apart from the TRD one.

What are my options? (please if you have picture of it, could you post so i can compare)

Which one, in your opinion, is the best one to have?

Cheers.
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

spit

Cel, there's a few on the pages of THIS THREAD, but AFAIK we don't have a thread dedicated just to spoiler pics (someone will probably now prove me wrong!)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

heres a link to mine.

m http://aol.photobox.co.uk/album/1987585 m

Anonymous

Here are the two most commonly used/fitted.

Anonymous

Is the top one out of the yellow '2's' the one available from Mr T ????

markiii

nope thats teh msdesign one
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Can someone show me a pic of the MR T Supplied one ???

Thanks

aaronjb

After some searching  (I hate to nag, really I do), I found this for you.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

celmacmat

Hi, Thanks guys...that is great (you all proove me that i am really a novice when it come to forum use   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

I quite like the one who goes just a the back of the soft top, i like its curve and i think it is probably the more feminine of all. Now Spit, another silly question....which one is that? is it the TTE one?

Cheers
Celine

spit

Quote from: "celmacmat".......and i think it is probably the more feminine of all.
I like it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  You've got me worried now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yes Cel, its the TTE Sports Spoiler. Good time to get them now, what with the '2 being discontinued and all - there should be some lying about somewhere.

Pop into your local MrT or have a chat with Mark Headlam at RMB Toyota Teeside 01642 808044. He has helped us in the past with leftover MrT bodykits at a good price, so might be able to hunt down some TTE stuff too.

evileye_wrx

The TTE Sports Spoiler definitely ISN'T feminine!!

:: puts on a chest wig and large medallion and puffs out his manly chest ::

So there!

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  danny la rue would think that spoiler was butch!  s:) :) s:)  
were all different, its whats makes us the same.   s:D :D s:D

celmacmat

Guys ... sorry if I have brushed your masculinity saying that I thought it was the more feminine one...

Promise next time I just say I like it better   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Like the metaphore of the hairy chest guy...disturbing picture though specially the gold medaillon on what we call in France "la Moquette" (the carpet)   s:D :D s:D  

Thanks for the tip about Mark Headlam at RMB Toyota Teeside; I shall make a note of that.
Celine

Anonymous

I got a TTE one - looks IMO fooking great.

Sorry new to this forum so dont know how to download a picture so click on the below link.

m http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=c ... 1149&pos=1 m

Any problems p.m me your email address and I'll forward on a couple of piccies !

Tem

Quote from: "Jackass"I got a TTE one - looks IMO fooking great.

Sorry new to this forum so dont know how to download a picture so click on the below link.

Any problems p.m me your email address and I'll forward on a couple of piccies !

"This function is for members only, please join."

Can't be bothered to join and you can't download pics here. Try this instead:
 m http://imageshack.us/ m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

ninjinski

Here is the TTE on mine - last car in the line.

Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

ninjinski, just how laid back were you waiting to go out on track....looks like you were listening to your radio??!!? I'm sure I can see your aerial in that pic.

Or did you have some kind of nasty 70s prog rock to accompany you around the track a la Stig stylee?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Maybe you were checking for traffic announcements.......

Tem

Quote from: "ninjinski"Here is the TTE on mine - last car in the line.

TTE?  s:? :? s:?  

Looks more like the Toyota UK/MSD/Postert/alikes to me.

TTE is the banana right behind the softtop, like this:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

ninjinski

Tem u are correct Toyota UK - Was'nt thinking straight this morning!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

ninjinski

Quote from: "weaselchops"ninjinski, just how laid back were you waiting to go out on track....looks like you were listening to your radio??!!? I'm sure I can see your aerial in that pic.

Or did you have some kind of nasty 70s prog rock to accompany you around the track a la Stig stylee?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Maybe you were checking for traffic announcements.......

Radio on chilling before I passed everyone in front out on the first corner!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I then proceeded around the track while on the phone, eating crisps and checking my hair in the rear view mirror!

Soz BOT now
Sable

Anonymous

Quote from: "ninjinski"Radio on chilling before I passed everyone in front out on the first corner!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I then proceeded around the track while on the phone, eating crisps and checking my hair in the rear view mirror!
You couldn't have possibly checked your hair - you were wearing a helmet!  Otherwise, you almost had me convinced   s:P :P s:P

spit

Quote from: "Emmanuel"You couldn't have possibly checked your hair - you were wearing a helmet!  Otherwise, you almost had me convinced   s:P :P s:P

Maybe we're talking about chest hair again  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

philster_d

Nah he just gives his eyebrows a quick lick over and hes ready to go....

Anonymous

Eyebrows ?? I was told eyebrow................  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Jackass"I got a TTE one - looks IMO fooking great.

"This function is for members only, please join."

Can't be bothered to join and you can't download pics here. Try this instead:
 m http://imageshack.us/ m

You dont need to join to see the photo - there are four photo's across the bottom and the photo of my car with the TTE spoiler is x2 photo in from the left.

Tags: