private reg

Started by Anonymous, September 24, 2003, 14:52

Anonymous

hi

i'm looking into buying a private reg amd wonder what people thought of these two. (bearing in mind my names alan kennedy and my nickname is keno)

A14 NKV - i know the v doesnt mean anything to me

or

K5 NOS

what do you think?? waste of money or will look good??

cheers

alan

Anonymous

How much you hopin to pay  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

both are £250 thats including registration and vat

Anonymous

Why not go for an MR2 plate...

If your after an 02 year you can register "MR02 ???"

Anonymous

Always thought something obscure is better... the ones you gave are ok if people know who you are, but most won't... and the reg plate doesn't help.  Something dead simple like T1 A?K, which is obviously your initials (easy guess), or something even more prominent, like 3000 U, or similar.

Anonymous

see your point but people who dont know who you still wont know what private reg like  T1 AJK means and also the people that do know you wont know what the private reg means either.

thought i may aswell have something that some people will recognise.

then again might just stick with my normal number plate and spend the £250 on something else.

Comer

I was tempted by X 60MER as C8MER was sold after I spent too long wondering about it.  

I'd have to have a screw through the centre of the 6 to make it resemble a C and I won't feel comfortable doing that.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Quote from: "keninski"see your point but people who dont know who you still wont know what private reg like  T1 AJK means and also the people that do know you wont know what the private reg means either.

If they're halfway intelligent, they'll spot it's a private plate, quickly realise that you're not making any words out of the other couple of letters, and guess the initials are yours.  Job done.

Anonymous

yeah suppose so but still dont like that style of private reg.

would prefer to make my name up or something like that.

there is one available that i like. its A1ANS

unfortunately its a bit out of my price range.........its £64,450   s:o :o s:o

Anonymous

I did see "MR 21" available the other week... was some silly price like £50000 or something... but you got to admit... would look the nuts as "MR2 1" on your '2!   s:D :D s:D

zud

Quote from: "keninski"then again might just stick with my normal number plate and spend the £250 on something else.

I'd go with that idea... but then I'm not much of a fan of private plates!

Not so bad if they say what they're meant to say, but I don't like the ones where you have squash 2 characters to make 1, or pretend that a 3 is an E etc.  

Alternatively, there's always the old joke about changing your name by deed poll to match your reg!

Or there's the naff option of choosing a forum name to match your number plate    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    xx51 ZUD    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

I'm not really a fan of private plates - don't really see the point but I did p*ss myself when I saw W1FEY on a Fiesta with a woman driving.

J

Anonymous

MR02 WOW is available for £799!

A girl in Chelmsford has a yellow one with MR02 HOT (also was £799)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"MR02 WOW is available for £799!

LOL, i looked at getting that one!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Personally I'd either spend the £250 making the car faster, or making the plates disappear altogether every time I went past a Gatso...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Alan

Try here
 m http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/search/newsea ... &x=19&y=21 m

I bought RPH 1X from a dealer years ago. They wanted £950 plus the £80 transfer fee. Got it for £500!!!

Regards
  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

My favoured one was MR02 SMT

Anonymous

I cant really get one for my name as i dont have a middle name - unless i get "N1 KRS" or something like that.

I will have to wait until the year 2015 and then get "KR15 CLK"   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

That link only gave all the latest "stupid" type numbers. There are 467 prefix-style numbers also.
Happy hunting ( most dealers quote a price, but are not the original dealer. They will buy from another dealer and put their mark-up on it. The trick when buying from these firms is to try and find who the first dealer is and screw them for the best deal - no sale, no commission!)

s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I cant really get one for my name as i dont have a middle name

Invent a middle name.  Far more interesting.

Anonymous

kris

If you check out the dealer adverts in AutoTrader I think you will find two letter reg nos tend to be old ones and VERY expensive.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Roger H"kris

If you check out the dealer adverts in AutoTrader I think you will find two letter reg nos tend to be old ones and VERY expensive.

Exactly... think I'll just plan to buy a new car in 2015!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

if u have a j-spec u can have A1 MRS or XX MRS

I have B8 DSU
D being my first m#name and SU being my surname

and i make the B looks like an 8 there for i have 88 D.SU
8 being a lucky number in chinese

Anonymous

Some can be an investment, bought mine a few years ago (61ANS) really cringing when i paid for it, but now it's worth 4 times as much,not that i'd ever sell it.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

I love my plate and despite only having the surname because of marriage I will not change it even though I lack the husband part of the equation.  I thought of changing it, but thought sod it because of the transfer fee. I wanted L125CAR, which would of have a fixing screw between the 2 and the 5 with a slight scratch coming down from it which looked just like an apostrophie (?) but it has never been issued by DVLA...boo ...I begged but they would not relent!  I suppose some people think that these plates are sad but I do like the fact that mine spells LIZ if you squint at it! Get the plate, I know that the only people who know what year my car might be are those with '2's, and as I have not seen another for the past month or so I am not that worried!

Anycase I have to look my best and like a posh bird with a nice car with the personalised index ( I know I am deluding myself!) so I keep smiling at men in Mercedes at the traffic lights hoping to pull..nothing yet though!

By the way Kris your index spells KNOB, thats priceless in itself!! Great plate.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: