private reg

Started by Anonymous, September 24, 2003, 14:52

markiii

Liz,

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that you normally burn them off before they have a chance to talk  :-) :-) :-)

Besides your aiming to low.

Ferrari at least.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MR2Blue

I must admit, I was also looking at the weekend when I saw in Saturdays Express, in the REGTRANSFERS ad, they had CHR15J, alas, when I looked it up the price is £21345... Still I might save up for MR02 BLU that's only £799...  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"By the way Kris your index spells KNOB, thats priceless in itself!! Great plate.

LOL! every plate ive had people seem to remember.... my first car was J329 PTM which everyone thought it said PMT!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  My second car was R69 so everyone remembered 69!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  and now this one spells knob!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Alan - Just a thought:

You could take a look on E-bay for a plate.  There's an awful lot of cr*p on there but you may well strike lucky and some go for next to nothing.

You wont be surprised to learn that I've got R2MUL on my '2' (my initial and the first 3 letters of my surname - and I've only got R2 because R1 wasnt available!!)

I got the plate a looong time before I got the MR2 but sometimes I see people looking quizically and thinking that it's some sort of obscure reference to the car.....  s:? :? s:?  

Good luck with the plate search.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Quote from: "markiii"Liz,

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that you normally burn them off before they have a chance to talk  :-) :-) :-)

Besides your aiming to low.

Ferrari at least.

I wish, in Southend no chance of that  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   if I wanted a little lad in a Vauxhall Nova or a Citroen Saxo I would be laughing! I want a man in a mans car!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I did see "MR 21" available the other week... was some silly price like £50000 or something

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

When I bought my first MR2 some 5 years ago a "MR-2" reg was available here for 5000FIM (roughly 800 euros). When I got the Roadster, the price had gone up to 1000 euros. And I thought that's a crazy price for a plate  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I got a letter through the post a couple of years back offering me T1 MJC.

(Tim John Carter).. unfortunately I didn't have the £2.5k spare at the time!

I'm actually annoyed I missed out on CAR73R at auction about 6 months ago.. I had the couple of grand spare too, but just couldn't justify spending it on a number plate in time!! Wish I had now, it'll never come up again.

The best bargain I had though was to buy one for my ex-girlfriend (she wasn't ex at the time, obviously!)

SHe was called Merryn, and I got M33RYN from the DVLA for £250! Waste of money now I think about it though....   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Peter Laborne

I'm suprised nobody has spotted this one is available yet:

And only £35,000   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Yesterday I saw a nice Jag XK8 with the reg G6 GRR  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I have W2 PJL (W=year, 2=what the car is, PJL=my initials)

Peter Laborne

Two places to have a look are at the DVLA auctions:

Custom plates:
 m http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/custom/listings.php m
MRS 45H (MRS ASH) will be around £350

Classic plates:
 m http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/classic/listings.php m

Anonymous

Surely if you were going to buy 'MR2 1', it'd be a waste to stick it on a mk3?   s:D :D s:D   I wonder if 'MR2 3' is available........

One car I did see in the carpark at work, identical to mine, but had the reg 'MR02 BOY'. People thought it was mine - the shame!!!

Also been seen in the area by my boss, the registration 'PI5 SED'. Just asking for trouble, if you ask me.

Tem

Quote from: "radar monkey"Surely if you were going to buy 'MR2 1', it'd be a waste to stick it on a mk3?   s:D :D s:D   I wonder if 'MR2 3' is available........

How about ZZW 30  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

after much debate i bought a private reg last nite.

Its K5 NOS  (kenos)

i like it and thought at £250 i may aswell get it and if in the future i dont like it i can always sell it and more than likely get my money back.

Cheers for everyones views

Alan

Anonymous

Quote from: "radar monkey"Surely if you were going to buy 'MR2 1', it'd be a waste to stick it on a mk3?   s:D :D s:D   I wonder if 'MR2 3' is available........

One car I did see in the carpark at work, identical to mine, but had the reg 'MR02 BOY'. People thought it was mine - the shame!!!

Also been seen in the area by my boss, the registration 'PI5 SED'. Just asking for trouble, if you ask me.

I would have thought P15 SED would be on the DVLA blacklist and couldn't have slipped through?!

I always fancied P155 OFF, but strangely it was never issued...!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Tim

Anonymous

I was going to get MY03 MRZ £800 though.

Anonymous

Hi Alan,

Try going to

m http://www.regtransfers.co.uk m

I found MR02 ALA for £799

My advise keep it simple and to the point.

What about MR02 A?K, use your initials.

Best of luck

Chris

I've never seen the point of getting ones that go with the car, unless you are going to keep the car for a very long time!

I'd much rather get one with my name/initials on or something equally long standing eg football team etc.
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"I've never seen the point of getting ones that go with the car, unless you are going to keep the car for a very long time!

I'd much rather get one with my name/initials on or something equally long standing eg football team etc.

yeah, I agree too, I've often seen S2000s for sale with the S200 O.. plate, etc.. no good unless you intend on getting a back to back string of the same car I suppose..?!

As I can't get my initials anymore, I've really been thinking of something dateless recently.. like the plates on the ford adverts, something like 101 VUU - quite unusual, and usually around £800.

I was tempted with IUI 73 (my YOB), but mainly because it was nice and narrow in the new font and looked good!

Tim

LeeUK

A point no-one has brought up yet is that the personalised plates set the car off very nicely.

My plate is J3LBE, it makes the car instantly recognisable.  My mates have nicknamed my car JELBE!!

If you want to have a play about with your registration try this place:

http://www.gtgrafix.com
(click on vehical accessorises... registrations plates...the plate builder)

I'll be ordering some carbon numberplates when my present ones deteriorate!   s:) :) s:)

(If my spelling is bad sorry, but it's getting late!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tem

Quote from: "LeeUK"http://www.gtgrafix.com

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Great site!

Anyone have the exact sizes of UK plates..? And do they have holes in them...and if they do, what's their exact place.

Getting some nasty ideas!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

LeeUK

I believe the company can make the plates in any size.  The holes are not pre-drilled, you have to do that bit yourself!  Although i do recommend sticking the plates on using adhesive pads, it looks neater as you don't use the screws or those screw caps!   s8) 8) s8)   Also water cannot seep in through the drill holes so your plates will never go manky!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

It's the company i HAD to use, yes they'll make any plate any size and any lettering, had a square jap size plate made for mine.Just gave them the size i wanted and a couple of days later they dropped through the door.  s8) 8) s8)  

No holes pre drilled UK size is 520mm x 110mm

Chris

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "LeeUK"http://www.gtgrafix.com

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Great site!

Top site indeed!! I might get meself a set of mr2 plates - for show use of course!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"I would have thought P15 SED would be on the DVLA blacklist and couldn't have slipped through?!

I wouold have thought so too, but my boss testifies otherwise. Perhaps it was something else with the cunning (and probably illegal) use of black screw caps.

Anonymous

Here is my previous car, which I had to sell when we moved to Germany.
I was working in an IT dept at the time.

Humble Jim

Quote from: "Chris"I've never seen the point of getting ones that go with the car, unless you are going to keep the car for a very long time!

I've got MR02<my initials> , from the DVLA, which works two ways. It goes with my 2 just perfect but if ever comes the day the plate walks to another brand   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   it'll then read Mister 02 <my initials> which also works and isn't model specific...
H&S Exhaust

Tags: