private reg

Started by Anonymous, September 24, 2003, 14:52

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"I would have thought P15 SED would be on the DVLA blacklist and couldn't have slipped through?!

There is a great one I sometimes see in Cambridge - PEN15. IIRC it belongs to Steve Parish.

There is also a SAAB in the area with the plate 5AAB and a Harley with H4RLY

A Porsche with TOY5 and another with VFA 5T (which has been altered to say V FA5T)

One of my mates has a Noble M12 GTO with the reg plate M12 GTO!!!!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

And as I said, a Jag with G6 GRR (GGGRRR)

One funny one I always saw was when I used to travel home from Cambridge along the A14. There would always be miles of traffic backed up and he has the plate A14 JAM   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

IMHO private plates finish a car   s:D :D s:D  . Whether they are words, cars, names or simply initials.

Anonymous

Quote from: "victor"Here is my previous car, which I had to sell when we moved to Germany.
I was working in an IT dept at the time.

victor, this is sweet.  K6 was rubbish but sweet number plate nevertheless.  I wonder how could one have the Opteron 64bit CPU on a number plate...

O64 BIT???

Humble Jim

Some favourite ones I've seen near me:

FU510N (fusion) on a Jag
B15HOP (bishop) on an Audi
H1 7EXY (hi sexy) on a Merc
A1 ACE on another Merc (about 20years ago!)
H&S Exhaust

Chris

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"One of my mates has a Noble M12 GTO with the reg plate M12 GTO!!!!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

That must've cost a pretty packet!!!  That's some rich mates you have there!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Chris"That must've cost a pretty packet!!!  That's some rich mates you have there!
[/quote]

T'was where I used to work. Every day was like a car show. TVR's Lotus', Mercs, Porkers.

Some very nice cars, and some you rarely get to see. Like the Noble or a Porsche Carrera 911 GT3.

And I got to see them every day!!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

went to surry this weekend and on a red clio V6 it had the number plate

T07SER

LOL

and he did look like one to   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

A self-effacing chap I knew a couple of years ago had a red Alfa with the registration: L8SER

Quality.

Anonymous

My initials are GRA......... so I couldn't believe my luck when the dealer presented a list on 10 registrations and one was ?? 03 GVA.

I must have missed out on GRA by a few days, but those few days helped to screw more money out of the dealer.

It's great to have no trade-in and just walk out of the showroom if you don't like the price. I just waited on the dealer calling me in a couple of days. Boot on the other foot.

Puggman

Anonymous

Im thinking about a personalised plate for my Veilside. My name is Tom Kay so I was thinking of  "T7OMK"

What you think?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "puggman"My initials are GRA......... so I couldn't believe my luck when the dealer presented a list on 10 registrations and one was ?? 03 GVA.

Why use your dealer? Why not do it yourself???

m http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/home ... string=gra m

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "puggman"My initials are GRA......... so I couldn't believe my luck when the dealer presented a list on 10 registrations and one was ?? 03 GVA.

Why use your dealer? Why not do it yourself???

m http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/home ... string=gra m

Im guessing it was at new registration... some dealers show you a list of registrations to pick from... i was simply told mine.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Im guessing it was at new registration... some dealers show you a list of registrations to pick from... i was simply told mine.

As soon as I put down the deposit on my 2 I went to the DVLA and picked a plate. My 2 was registered with that reg plate.

After spending soooo much on the car, two hundred and fifty quid on a plate wasn't exactly too much   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I have S11VRY (Silvery)

jackjack

i now own the yellow o2 with MR02 HOT number plate great car and great plate for the car.
jack
yellow 2002 17" black alloys

AmeR

Re:
Quote from: "cstevens"MR02 WOW is available for £799!

A girl in Chelmsford has a yellow one with MR02 HOT (also was £799)

s:D :D s:D

Tags: