Help With Central Locking Question

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2006, 10:55

Anonymous

Hi all,
Just converted over from the Mk2 to the Mk3... dam i love this car...haha
Just a question about the central locking which i hope some of you knowledgeable people can halp me with.

Its got remote central locking but the range seems limited. (Is this normal) as ive never had remote before.

Also with the remote, the central locking works (Locks both doors) but if i use the key in the lock (Drivers or passengers) is doesnt activate the central locking like in my old Mk2.

Again is this normal as is just seems weird that the central locking doesnt work if i use the key in the lock.

Thanks.

kanujunkie

you may find the range is linked to the power in the battery, my spare key works from a long distance as its rarely use but the day to day key needs a new battery and has to be right near the car. As for the key locks, i havn't a clue, never used them  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks,
As for the battery, my dads an electrician and tested the battery in one of the keys and said that it is fine..... For the price of a battery i may change it in one of the keys and see what happens.

kanujunkie

is the central locking sometimes iffy as though you hadn't pressed the button, if it is then its definatley the battery
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

I need to be stood near enough next to the car in front of the front window, and it is intermittent. Im gonna try a new battery and see what happens.  Thinking about setting a Car 1 alarm installed. How whould that affect things as ive always had stock alarms/immobilisers in the past.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "lukieboy"I need to be stood near enough next to the car in front of the front window, and it is intermittent. I'm gonna try a new battery and see what happens.  Thinking about setting a Car 1 alarm installed. How whould that affect things as ive always had stock alarms/immobilisers in the past.

its thatcham level 1 and all that says is that you have an alarm/immobiliser fitted thats of an approved type. If you have a UK spec car then it already has one fitted
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Its UK...
Didnt know whether the Stock alarm/immob was a Thatcham 1 or not. but thats answered my question. Cheers.
Will try the battery and let you know. Best place to get the battery from or are they just standard batterys?
Sorry for all the questions

kanujunkie

sorry never looked, but i dont think there too bad from Mr.T IIRC, failing that i'm sure you can get them cheap over te internet
[size=100]Stu[/size]

GSB

the fobs effective range can be reduced by interference form other sources. Radio transmitters, power cables, transformers, microwave ovens... If you're parked near any of these, you can have trouble.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I'll keep it in mind, but i think for the sake of a couple of quid i may change the battery anyway and see what happens.

Tags: