Meguiars

Started by Stifler, May 4, 2006, 12:52

celmacmat

Hi Guys....You will be pleased to know that all your advices have paid off   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

As you might remember, I was showing Marsupette at Tatton on Sunday on the DC Club Stand. We always run a "Show & Shine" Competition giving prizes to Best and Runner Up in each category of MR2.

I won the Runner Up prize  s8) 8) s8)  

I am very pleased, it is the first time I have ever won something...  s:D :D s:D

Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

philster_d

Great Job Celine

Two's Company

Nice Celine, very shiny!   s8) 8) s8)    

How long did it take?

celmacmat

Debadging took me round 15 minutes...i used the hot water / dental floss combo and it works very well.

I then shampooed the hood with Autoglym interiro shampoo
I then shampooed the car with Meguiars Gold Class
then treated the roof with Autoglym Vynil and Rubber Care
Poilshed the car with AutoGlum super resine polish
Polished all the glass with Autoglym Galss polish
Did the inside plastic with the Vinyl and Rubber care as well and hoovered the carpets everywhere.

I have to admit that i did not Wax   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  i know, very bad me!

total about 3 hours...
Celine

Two's Company

Quote from: "celmacmat"I have to admit that i did not Wax   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  i know, very bad me!

total about 3 hours...

Wow, you work fast!

SRP is a polish with a small amount of wax in it anyway.

roger

Quote from: "celmacmat"I have to admit that i did not Wax   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  i know, very bad me!

Looks excellent. Its amazing how different colours look so different after a good detail.

Wax does improve the finish, but IMO only marginally. What it does do though, is keeps it looking good, and makes washing dead easy.

I usually do 3 - 4 waxes, before I strip it all off with a polish and start again.

Celine, I strongly suggest you get some wax on it quickly (after washing it again) to ensure all your good work doesn't disappear too quickly.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

philster_d

Do you guys de-badge every time you polish ?

Two's Company

No I just use cotton buds in and around it   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

celmacmat

Quote from: "philster_d"Do you guys de-badge every time you polish ?
I only debadged because i was getting read of the cowboy hat so I could put my j-spec nose badge on  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I also moved my MR2 badge at the back so i could affix my laser cut eagle (at last, i bought it from Ekona at the dyno day and never came round to affix it   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

otherwise, I will use cotton bud as well   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine

Ernie Ball

This is neither here nor there, but I'm thinking of taking the MR2 badge off the back.  I've already removed the Toyota badge (those are the only 2 badges on the back of Irish '2s, which are badged like those in continental Europe).  I kinda like the idea of No Logo, although you have to have one on the front if you want to cover the holes.  JDM is a good compromise, since the logo means nothing to most people.

I see people staring at the front badge all the time, trying to figure out what car it is.  If I take off the rear MR2 badge, I'll keep 'em guessing.  s8) 8) s8)

proeliator2001

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"I see people staring at the front badge all the time, trying to figure out what car it is.  If I take off the rear MR2 badge, I'll keep 'em guessing.  s8) 8) s8)

I've got a JDM front badge and the eagle rear badge and just lately I've seen people almost bursting to ask what the car is   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    I think it's great and it shows that even after 5+ years on sale, most people don't know what the car is   s8) 8) s8)
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Quote from: "celmacmat"I won the Runner Up prize  s8) 8) s8)  

Guess who won  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:D :D s:D

Liz

After claying mine last week (or so), I decided to purchase some garage jewellery today and after annoying the girl at the checkout in Halfords for telling her that I thought she was rude for having a conversation with her mate whilst serving me I left with Meguiars NXT polish, Plastix cleaner and glass cleaner.

This is the result...shiny shiny red car!

The plastix stuff is brilliant and as you can see took the cloudiness away from the lights.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

scottish_turbo

Wow! Nice work.

rtbiscuit

i saw it n the flesh and it was lovely and shiney   s:D :D s:D
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Stifler

Funnily enough i have just ordered a whole load of stuff from this site: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides.html

Their advice section is really great - must have spent hours reading it on saturday - emailed them and they advised me what products would be best for my needs - so this weekend the little 2 will be getting a good dose of TLC.

Nothing beats a shiny car  s:D :D s:D  - Nice work Liz   s8) 8) s8)

heathstimpson

Good job Liz looks really nice; top wheels as well  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Top marks, really looks the biz and that cream leather poking above the softop just makes you want to peer into the cab to see how lush it is.  Have I missed the interior shots?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Quote from: "Ferret"Top marks, really looks the biz and that cream leather poking above the softop just makes you want to peer into the cab to see how lush it is.  Have I missed the interior shots?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Here you go...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 71&start=0 m

Just makes me think of Perry everytime I see the interior   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "Ferret"Top marks, really looks the biz and that cream leather poking above the softop just makes you want to peer into the cab to see how lush it is.  Have I missed the interior shots?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Here you go...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 71&start=0 m

Just makes me think of Perry everytime I see the interior   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Exactly the same with me with the bits I bought from him a month back  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I am reluctant to do this - as any time in the past that i have polished/waxed a car i left great big whopping swirls on it. How do i avoid this????  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Jigwar

Quote from: "stuart_telfer"I am reluctant to do this - as any time in the past that i have polished/waxed a car i left great big whopping swirls on it. How do i avoid this????  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Two bucket method for clean... Plus a clean mitt.... Clean microfiber towels to dry.....Clean clay bar.....Clean applicators.... basically anything to avoid getting dirt/grit between polish/wax applicator and paint when doing it.

I spend more time cleaning the two buckets than some spend cleaning their car  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

HTH
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

Anonymous

i use harly wax and i have use it for years (used to have a trick beetle with custom paint) its nearly the same as zymol but a lot cheaper this is my 7 year old puma arfter a quick wash and wax

when it rains you can see the water beading up and running off. i have used thing's like mer and autoglym but imo i think this is much better

DannyN

Re:
Quote from: "Ernie Ball"I would use Autopia, if only because they seem willing to declare a lower value on the package.

I bought from Autogeek and for the first time in a long while, got nailed by Irish customs and had to pay VAT and import duty on it.

As for what you need to make it work in the UK:

You need a 750VA 110v transformer like this one.

and you need a plug like this one

You'll have to cut the american plug off the cable and attach the new one.

You will probably also want a 110v extension lead or you'll be carrying that transformer around the car with you.  The other option is that some places sell the Porter-Cable with a 25-foot lead.  Autogeek sells it as the Porter-Cable "HD."

Hello peeps, just dragging up an old thread for some help and advice.

I've just bought a porter cable, well shared one with my bro-in-law, and we need a transformer to go with it.
Ernies link doesnt seems to work any more but I found this one Clicky and wondered if anyone knew of any cheaper/better etc

Just looking for people thoughts really

PS - Spit, FGRob & Nic, please stop sniggering   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "DannyN"Hello peeps, just dragging up an old thread for some help and advice.

I've just bought a porter cable, well shared one with my bro-in-law, and we need a transformer to go with it.
Ernies link doesnt seems to work any more but I found this one Clicky and wondered if anyone knew of any cheaper/better etc

Just looking for people thoughts really

PS - Spit, FGRob & Nic, please stop sniggering   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: