tyre question please look

Started by Anonymous, May 8, 2006, 09:33

Anonymous

Hi Everyone

I currently have Goodyear F1's all round.

Yesterday i picked up a nial in one of my rear tyres and assuming it can't be repaired i have been shopping around for another tyre.

So this morning i have found out that Goodyear no longer produce the Goodyear F1 size 205/50/15.

Whats my next option? can i replace the tyre with another goodyear brand? or will i need to replace both the rears?

I really need to keep the price down so i'm hoping it should be fine just changing the one. Please give me your opinions

markiii

at the very least change both rears, different brands on teh same axle is a definate no no.

that said mixing tyres at all on this car is not a good idea

full set of proxies for around £160 would be my choice
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

is that still a 'no no' even if its still a Goodyear brand?

if not is that price for the proxies fitted? if so where from?

Ernie Ball

How do you know it can't be repaired?

I had a nail in a rear tyre fairly close to the sidewall.  I was told by the first place I went to that it couldn't be fixed.  I went to a second place and they were able to patch it no problem.  Hasn't leaked since.

Anonymous

i dont know if it can't be repaired yet i'm just looking at the first case senario. I'm vsisting some tyre places after work tonight

markiii

different modesl from teh same manufacturer will still have different rubber comounds, tread patterns and grip characteristics so yes, it still applies.

thats not fitted but try  w www.mytyres.co.uk w
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: