car veering sharply to the right on deceleration

Started by Anonymous, May 9, 2006, 15:27

Anonymous

ni all  s:) :) s:)  

recently my 2 has began veering sharply to the right on deceleration(not brakiing) i.e. when coming off the throttle to change gear. it is pretty pronounced and requires instant correction at any decent speed. drifts slightly to the right when travelling in a str8 line but its not significant. also only slight under breaking. any ideas? wheel alignment maybe? thanks in advance for any help.

s:D :D s:D  as an aside me and the missus are off to sharm el sheik on thursday morning for a week  s:D :D s:D

ninjinski

Id imagine a 4 wheel alignment should sort that out - Ive had similar on my last car!
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

darrenjuggins

slow puncture, tyre pressures......
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

I could be certain its your tyre pressures, Mr. Nelix   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

sharm el sheik sounds good tho!

Anonymous

Make sure you don't have any loose suspension pieces.  My car did this after the 6spd swap.  turned out we didn't get one of the rear lateral link bolts tightened.

Anonymous

I agree with all the above.  Only other thing is if you've had new tyres fitted recently.  
I got this quite badly when the wrong tyres were on the wrong wheels.

Went to Sharm in April, you'll love it!!! Take plenty of sunscreen and enjoy!!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: