anthracite wheels on a silver 2?

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2006, 15:04

Anonymous

i'm having my wheels refurbished and i'm mulling over whether to have them done in anthracite or not.

does anybody have a picture of a silver 2 with anthracite wheels or can maybe photoshop one for me?

Anonymous

I've got a set of wheels away just now being recoated in high power silver for my silver car - a bit tamer than anthracite but I'l post pics on their return.

Richie.

Anonymous

Cheers richie

When are you expecting to be able to pop the pictures up?

Anonymous

I expected my wheels back a week ago, but I think they still haven't been recoated yet.

I would like to think i'll have them in the next week or 2.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "keninski"i'm having my wheels refurbished and i'm mulling over whether to have them done in anthracite or not.

does anybody have a picture of a silver 2 with anthracite wheels or can maybe photoshop one for me?
Now I'm out of warrenty when the alloys next bubble during the winter, I was thinking of going Antharacite as well  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Show us a piccy if you decide to go for that colour please  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Hmm, anthracite wheels on a silver '2 you want... Provide you I will:

Sexy they are!  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

cheers for the pics. looks nice.

i would like to compare it to richies high power silver

leon_in_uk

do you think i would need t tell my insurance if i repaint them in the mint colour above?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"do you think i would need t tell my insurance if i repaint them in the mint colour above?

you should always tell them everything even if they do turn round and say they dont need to know that, the point is its their decision and not that your hiding something they may want to know
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Have an alternative look I want to have when I find the spare time.

It's bright silver or chrome.

leon_in_uk

ok, i want high powered silver. they look mint...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

Do you think something like that will be nice on the 2 ?
They are "allesio spider" good quality alloys.

heathstimpson

I certainly think multispokes look really good on the 2; Sean used to have some 17's on his  s8) 8) s8)

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Now I'm out of warrenty when the alloys next bubble during the winter,

Just out of interest I ordered my first warranty replacements - 5 week back order. Because he would only authorise 3 (the other was perfect, well it was on Monday   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ), and the guy admitted they had replaced some beyond warranty "as a gesture of goodwill". Might be worth a try, Heath.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Now I'm out of warrenty when the alloys next bubble during the winter,

Just out of interest I ordered my first warranty replacements - 5 week back order. Because he would only authorise 3 (the other was perfect, well it was on Monday   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ), and the guy admitted they had replaced some beyond warranty "as a gesture of goodwill". Might be worth a try, Heath.
I did ask after my last service and the manager said they are warrentied from 12months from fitting the replacement set even out of warrenty  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Hi mate,

i'm waiting for my 17" Satory Super Speed rims, but i made this litlle Toshop work hope it can be help:

Anonymous

Here are some more photoshoped antracite wheels...

Do you prefer any of these?

Anonymous

Nobody can source the High-Power silver paint I want for my wheels from any of  the local suppliers. Does anybody on here have a clue where I might be able to source the paint?

leon_in_uk

Hi guys having my wheels done on sunday.

im also thinking of getting anthracite....

he is mobile and doing for £35 per wheel. he is bringing different colours down for me to look at....

the only thing is, he can mix to anthracite withiout taking the wheel off!! can this be done to a proper job?

or if he can source many colours, what colour would be better then anthracite on a 2????? how power silver????
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

he is going to refurb your wheels with them still on teh car and still with the tyres on?

where do you find these people?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

no not on the car, just take the wheel of and do them in his van, he is a local car repair guy from tamworth...

what you think?
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"the only thing is, he can mix to anthracite withiout taking the wheel off!! can this be done to a proper job?

I'm confused?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

taking the tyre off i mean...

i do like the high powered silver tho...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

so he reckons he can refurb a wheel withouit taking off teh tyre?

why would you even want to do that? removing and remounting a tyre is piss easy.

it also guarantees he won't be baking the wheel to seal teh finish

personally I wouldn't

why not use KN in Telford they will do it properly and charge teh same amount

philster_d

These mobile vans are all set up for the process.

They put the car on axel stands.

I suspect Leon didnt quite understand the whole process thats all.

Tags: