anthracite wheels on a silver 2?

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2006, 15:04

leon_in_uk

so anyway if he wrecks the wheel or doesnt do it right i will get is done again....

shall i go with the mobile guy?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

The mobile guys just 'break the bead' - that is deflate the tyre and move the tyre bead away from the rim slightly.  Then they spray the outside face of the wheel ... and that's it.

That's why I thought it a good idea to send my wheels (from my other car) away to Pristine and get them done properly - but it did cost £50 + vat per wheel.

leon_in_uk

my dad has had his bmw m3 wheels done, and he did a super job, also 2 neighbours have and cant grumble.

he said i can have any colour i want. and really do think i am gonna get anthracite. my mates said red, like a gt3... but i think im gonna have anthracite.....

£140 for refurb and colour change for 4 wheels is good.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

leon_in_uk

second thought...

might just go for gloss black......

anthracite on a silver 2 with red seats doesnt match with anything on my car....

black would go with the top...
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Two's Company

Quote from: "markiii"why not use KN in Telford they will do it properly and charge the same amount

They charge £25 a wheel to do it properly.  No brainer if you think about it?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

leon_in_uk

its getting the tyres off, and driving all the way to telford though isnt it?? and then putting the tyres back on and finding replacement tyres...

id pay an extra £40 to sip a cocktail from my garden watching him do it.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

markiii

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"and finding replacement tyres...

why would you need replacement tyres?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

Quote from: "peterb"The mobile guys just 'break the bead' - that is deflate the tyre and move the tyre bead away from the rim slightly.  Then they spray the outside face of the wheel ... and that's it.

That's why I thought it a good idea to send my wheels (from my other car) away to Pristine and get them done properly - but it did cost £50 + vat per wheel.

so they don't do the inside of the wheel? going to look naff IMHO
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

i mean the wheels. i heard i need replacements while they are getting refurbed.

oh and as for the insides. i believe he wont do that. it is an option, but isnt the back black anyway..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

kanujunkie

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"i mean the wheels. i heard i need replacements while they are getting refurbed.

oh and as for the insides. i believe he wont do that. it is an option, but isnt the back black anyway..

if your getting some replacement ones anyway send them to KN or pristine and get them done properly rather than half a job, cutting corners just makes stuff look naff. And as for the stock wheels, mine are the same colour front and back as a proper set of wheels should be
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

yea good point, i might just have to go for the normal colour then. silver...

at least they will look nice..
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"i mean the wheels. i heard i need replacements while they are getting refurbed.
Pristine (or their agents) keep a selection of spare wheels for you to use whilst your own wheels go in for refurb.  However, whether they would have any suitable for the 2 is any one's guess.

In my case, I went skiing the week the wheels were away, so I just left the car parked in my garage on axle stands.

leon_in_uk

THEY ARE MINT!

Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Deacon

That's a really nice combo Leon, looks excellent!

Deacon
Ex - 2005 55 Black MR2 with Hardtop and AC. Mods so far - Rear de-badged, front J-Spec badge, TTE Springs, TRD Shift knob, Pioneer DEHP77MP H/U, Black Rota Slipstreams 17" rear 16" front with Toyo T1R\'s, Forged wheel nuts

Now - 56 Black Suzuki Swift Sport - Mods inevitably to follow....

leon_in_uk

cheers matey... i think it looks better with it being lowered aswel.
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport

Anonymous

I have a 2003 mr2 that came with 15 front and 16 rear.

I'm thinking of putting some new wheels all 16 inches.
Do  you think changing the front from 15 to all around 16 will make the car handle worse? It is a stock mr2.

Anyone tried these alloys ? Are they any good?

Anonymous

Just make sure you get the fron to rear tyre width stagger correct. You may also want to lower it afterwards as larger wheels tend to make it look more like a 4x4!

Tags: