changing the HU

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2006, 15:22

Liz

I have the double din out - came online and the article on how to put it back isn't there....doh!!!  I have the autoleads adapter FP-11-03 - but my pre-03 black "ring" doesn't appear to fit...confused of Bocking!  s:? :? s:?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

it's in the library
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Thanks Mark, I have been using the searcgh extensively..honest!

kanujunkie

bring it all along on the 25th and i'll sort it out for you Hun  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

Hey hey hey...get this, Liz fits her own radio, by herself - no help from anyone...and it works   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  - still need the speakers Stu, honey dearest!!  It was easy to be honest as it is another Sony and it just plugged in the back, most problem getting the sodding heater fascia back on.....and I am still confused about what surround I need for it though   s:? :? s:?   Feel rather proud of myself at the moment!

rtbiscuit

congratulations on your proud DIY work.

just to let you know, if your ever doing DIY work and feel you need help, you can ask. not always free, but do enjoy dismantling things!  s:D :D s:D
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Ernie Ball

Still haven't fitted my new head unit but I've got a couple of newbie Qs:

1) I've decided I like the look of the Toyota fascia adapter shown here better than the autoleads one I have.  Just rang my local Mr T and they say that part 55521 -16030 is some sort of knob for the glovebox and not a tray/storage slot.  Are they smoking crack?  If not, what is the part number?

2) I'm looking at the wiring that came with the head unit and the autoleads wiring adapter.  The wiring loom that came with the head unit has one end that plugs right in and a bunch of colour coded wires, some of which have some sort of terminator and some of which don't.  I'm smart enough to figure out that these wires all have to fit into the slots of the corresponding wires on the adapter.  But I'm not smart enough to figure out how one does it!  The slots look like this (lousy picture but you'll get the idea):

Is there some sort of male connector I'm supposed to attach to the bare wires coming out of the head unit to make them fit in this adapter?

Be gentle with me...  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"Still haven't fitted my new head unit but I've got a couple of newbie Qs:

1) I've decided I like the look of the Toyota fascia adapter shown here better than the autoleads one I have.  Just rang my local Mr T and they say that part 55521 -16030 is some sort of knob for the glovebox and not a tray/storage slot.  Are they smoking crack?  If not, what is the part number?

They're smoking crack.

You may have problems with the surround trim, the one that was fitted on my Sony appears to have a smaller aperture than the later ones which meant my Alpine HU was a tight fit which stopped the front panel from being able to move out of the way to load CDs.

I tried to get the 55423-17040 surround that is listed in the article but neither of the two Toyota dealers I contacted could trace that part and a search on the forums showed that other people had been unable to trace it too.

A bit of detective work and a very helpful parts man eventually tracked down the correct part number as 55423-17040-C0.

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"2) I'm looking at the wiring that came with the head unit and the autoleads wiring adapter.  The wiring loom that came with the head unit has one end that plugs right in and a bunch of colour coded wires, some of which have some sort of terminator and some of which don't.  I'm smart enough to figure out that these wires all have to fit into the slots of the corresponding wires on the adapter.  But I'm not smart enough to figure out how one does it!  The slots look like this (lousy picture but you'll get the idea):

Is there some sort of male connector I'm supposed to attach to the bare wires coming out of the head unit to make them fit in this adapter?

Be gentle with me...  s:) :) s:)

If you ignore the cable that came with the head unit will the adaptor cable plug straight into the head unit?

Ernie Ball

I'm now about to install the Bluetooth unit for the Alpine head unit and I've got a noob question about wiring.

When installing the head unit, I used crimp connectors to connect the autoleads adapter to the (proprietary Alpine) plug.  This included the yellow power lead and the black ground lead.

Now I've got to add the bluetooth unit to the mix and it also needs power and ground.

Can I split the power and ground leads coming from the car loom?  How?

I'm really useless at electrical stuff.

Tags: