Audi TT Style 'Hoops'

Started by Anonymous, June 1, 2006, 18:33

Anonymous

I think these look great on Roadsters ( MX5 and TT ) but I can't seem to find out much info on bars for the MR2 Roadster. The only ones I can find info on are about £500 compared to a similar product for the MX5 for £185. Anyone got some good info on these and where you can get them from.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Anonymous

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH and SEARCH   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

SEARCH and a world of information opens up   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

northernalex

I think they are called "Roll Bars" try that
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

philster_d

Davids Style Bars

Anonymous

Tried the SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH and didn't really come up with information that I was looking for - is there no cheaper options.

markiii

for hoops youhave 3 options

Davids bars, Postert Hoops or the Netz bar

do a search for any of these
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I agree its difficult to search for parts when you don't really know what they are called.

I'm afraid I haven't seen any of the david's bars cheaper than that. This link http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php contains some bars at the level you mention - but they are similar to the std toyota sytle bar.

Anonymous

Thats it - this is the one I'm after. How much and where can I get one from...

TommyD

They are the Postert ones. Try the link below for distributers in UK.

http://www.postert.de/
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Anonymous

Well I clicked search and typed in hoops and roll bars and ok whilst there are lots of hits, there is certainly enough results to find some information.

Anonymous

I cant find them on that link? are they cheaper than the ones on here -

m http://www.mrs-passion.com/index_catalogue.html m   ???

GSB

Quote from: "cstevens"Well I clicked search and typed in hoops and roll bars and ok whilst there are lots of hits, there is certainly enough results to find some information.

As did I... The search suggested by Peter in an earlier thread on this subject, answering the very same question, asked by the very same person, came up with thirteen very relevant and informative threads.  Variants of the search query resulted in even more information, and thats without resorting to google. So if he truly had SEARCHED, SEARCHED, SEARCHED, he'd be asking some considerabley more informed questions.

Perhaps "ROC in ROADSTER" prefers not to search at all, but would rather be spoonfed with info as and when he requires it. In which case its a damn good job that theres so many knowledgable and thoroughly patient members here.  I wonder how long it'll take before thier patience wears thin...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

For the Postert bars try this link  w www.chromdesign.de w  I bought them from them, they are in Germany

Anonymous

Hi, looking to get the Potsert bars myself and read that you cannot then have the wind deflector. Seems obvious from the way bars are fitted.  They claim it takes 30 mins with no drilling or cutting, is this right? how is it without a wind deflector?  s:? :? s:?

Bongo

Put your wind deflector down and you'll soon find out  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Dohhh,   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  i have tried it with the wind deflector down. Would prefer to have some sort of wind deflector and wondered if there was anything else I could fit or if anyone else has overcome this problem. Seen the hoops with a perspex looking piece across them and wondered if anyone had this option?   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

markiii

postert makea wind deflector specifically for the hoops

damn expensibe though IIRC
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Darth Paul

PM SilverMSD2 if you want more info – he has the Postert bars.

Anonymous

Postert have gone out of business  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   Just missed the last set from Chrom design  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  Anyone know where I can get my mitts on a Postert set of bars????  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ferret"Postert have gone out of business  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   Just missed the last set from Chrom design  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  Anyone know where I can get my mitts on a Postert set of bars????  s:) :) s:)

try ebay, theres a company on there who have been selling them
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

northernalex

what selling old postert parts?  I like the chrome vents.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

kanujunkie

no, just the chromed style hoops
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Recently I've discussed with a blacksmith-type about those hoops( He has already done for other cars, like Fiat Barchatta).
He can do them, but the point I wanted to discuss is the cost and quality.

I don't like paying a lot for something that costs cheaper for other cars, just because our car is not that famous.

Therefore we concluded to make Style Bars like Audi TT and not security Roll Bars (in case of the car flips), so we can keep the cost at minimum.

The bars will be 50mm fat and they will be chrome and polished.

When these are made (in about a week or two) I'll then need to construct the base that they should fit in.

The cost for the whole project should be aimed around 300-350 Euros, in other words about 200-235 quid maximum! This is for a single set, so I guess we may be able to get cheaper prices!

I can post some pictures when the Hoops are ready , if anyone is interested.

loadswine

If they fit well and let me use my wind deflector, then I am interested.
Mind you, postage for them to the UK might be expensive unless it is part of a group buy.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

I'm the same if they fit well, look good and retain wind deflector I would be interested.

Tags: