Audi TT Style 'Hoops'

Started by Anonymous, June 1, 2006, 18:33

Anonymous

me too if they look cool and well finished off when fitted !!! could it not be a 75mm tube!!! would`nt 50 mm be a bit thin on the tube front.

Anonymous

I've seen an example of 50mm! It looks great!
An alternative would be 63mm, but that will not fit the roadster easily according to his words.

I guess we'll have to wait about a week, so I can get them at my hands and take some clear photos!

Then we can discuss about fitting/installation options as well.

In the meanwhile, do you have any photos/URL with an installed with the wind deflector working?
I want to see how they've installed it!

Anonymous

Check this out. Shows a lot of what you need t know. Kept under technical "how to".

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12586

Anonymous

Today I went to see how is progress doing and I had a chat with the fabricator.
He told me that he can finally do the 63mm tube, without any installation problems.

So the final project would be 63mm, which is quite fat (I've seen an example).

Also the tubes will be INOX (Stainless) and not chrome, because INOX is better quality and it never gets Rust.

So I guess that's good news!
I believe next Saturday the hoops will be ready so I can have them at my hands  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Sounds good, can you post some pics?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

mg

Quote from: "SimosSpyder"I believe next Saturday the hoops will be ready so I can have them at my hands  s:D :D s:D

What are you doing about the plastic body panel where the hoops will fit?  How are you finishing this off?
[size=67]2005 Silver | Red Heated Leather | TTE Turbo | TTE exhaust | TTE Lowered Springs | TRD FSB | B&M Short Shift | David\'s Style Bars | Bama Tall Deflector | Red Calipers[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ferret"Sounds good, can you post some pics?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Of course I'll (:

Anonymous

Quote from: "mg"What are you doing about the plastic body panel where the hoops will fit?  How are you finishing this off?

I have several ideas in my mind.
I cannot express myself clearly so you can understand, but when I have the hoops I'll try to take some photos, so you can see the ideas and tell me your thoughts.

Anonymous

I've bought the ones from Chrom Design which look different to the David's hoops. Has anyone any experience in fitting these, I assume it'll be very similar to the way it's show in the how to ?

ChrisHumes

have you seen the ones on ebay, they look good from holland?

Anonymous

Can't find the ones from Holland but there are some from Frenzy in the states at £152  s:D :D s:D

Peter Wright

Quote from: "ChrisHumes"have you seen the ones on ebay, they look good from holland?
There is a certain member on here who has just bought these and they look really good
EBay search, mr2 spyder (not roadster)
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

ChrisHumes

the ones i was looking at were <£200 and they had 2 sets left? i would be interested and if they were easy to fit. ask them for a discount for buying 2 and i may purchase

Anonymous

Quote from: "toontastic_phil"I've bought the ones from Chrom Design which look different to the David's hoops. Has anyone any experience in fitting these, I assume it'll be very similar to the way it's show in the how to ?

If anyone does get these then follow the instructions in the how to section on how to remove the side panels where the seat belts are but leave the plastic where the pull leaver is as you don't have to take that off. You'll need to cut the plastic a tiny bit to go round the hoops but it's only 2inches by 1/2 inch and then it slots in lovely.

Barney Bear

roll bars you show in your pic are from in.pro

there is an agent in this country for them but they run out at £450 del
I did contact them a while ago and they have offered a group buy discount think it was about 17.5%

If you search old post I did list all the details at the time

Also when you fit the in-pro ones you do loose the wind sheild but ESAD do a mesh one that fits with the bars but I have a guy down my way that is making me a full plexi glass one to stop the wind and not block any vision

let me know if your interested will let you have his no and price

earlier advise about keep searching EB is good as my parents found my set on there used for 175.00 plus postage

sreach chrome roll bars / chrome hoops for mr2 thats how they found them

thanks for the compliment on how the look Peter wasnt sure myself
but have got use to them now many thanks for all your advise

T
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Barney Bear

have some pics they may help but not worked out how to post them  s:( :( s:(  

any advise ??[/url]
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

uktotty

Barney to post a pic find the url of the pic  w www.pics.com/russ.jpg w  etc then just use the img buttons above, one before the URL and on after.

Sort of like this
[/img]

Tags: