Painted calipers - A quick straw poll....

Started by Anonymous, October 4, 2003, 20:47

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm about to spruce up my calipers but as yet am undecided on a colour.  I've a 01 in Lagoon Blue and am open to suggestions.....  

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed   s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I think silver would look quite nice.

Anonymous

I second silver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"I think silver would look quite nice.

Noted Phil (and Kris).  - That's the colour of choice for my other half too.  

I had red down as a maybe.  It's a shame there's not a wider choice available   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"I had red down as a maybe.  It's a shame there's not a wider choice available   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(

Doubt it'd look too good.  You've already got Black (tyre), Silver (alloy) and Blue (Body) around that area... adding another contrasting colour probably wouldn't look too good.

As for more colours, so far I've seen blue, red, black, silver, gold and yellow.  What did you have in mind?

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"As for more colours, so far I've seen blue, red, black, silver, gold and yellow.  What did you have in mind?

I've obviously spent too much time pacing the aisles of B&Q Phil   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  - would just like a few variations of the colours you've listed.  I wonder if there's much difference between Moondust Silver and Sparkle Silver....

Aaaaaarghh! I'm turning into motorings version of Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    somebody shoot me please.......

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"I've obviously spent too much time pacing the aisles of B&Q....  Aaaaaarghh! I'm turning into motorings version of Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    somebody shoot me please.......

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"somebody shoot me please.......

Ok, I'll do it

I hate Changing Rooms.  The last thing I want to see is Changing Calipers.

Anonymous

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  Careful Emmanuel - I might just come `round your place with a van full of MDF and a half tonne of scatter cushions.........  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

MR2blue has blue calipers they look o.k. but he is thinking of changing the colour. I have offered him my gold caliper paint. Blue and gold go great together.   s8) 8) s8)   Trust me I know these things.

Anonymous

After seeing the photos posted recently I have decided that it has to be gold for me

Anonymous

Excellent choice my man, nice to see someone else with real taste   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

can i ask a really silly question??

what are callipers??

embarrassed as heck................

S

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL":twisted:   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  Careful Emmanuel - I might just come `round your place with a van full of MDF and a half tonne of scatter cushions.........  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Fine.  It's my fault trying to save your poor soul from turning into Lawrence Whatshisname and having to wear those shirts.  There's no pleasing some people.

jumpingflame, it is a silly question but there's no need to be embarrashed, we all started from somewhere.  Anyway, this is my attempt to explain what it is in plain English... A caliper holds the break pads and it's that thing that grabs the rotors every time you hit the break after trying to take a roundabout at 50mph but you see a police car waiting at the next exit...

From what I hear, krisclarkuk's car does not have any calipers. He has to use various kerbs to stop.

Slacey

Quote from: "Emmanuel"From what I hear, krisclarkuk's car does not have any callipers. He has to use various kerbs to stop.
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  This is never going to go away Kris!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Emmanuel"From what I hear, krisclarkuk's car does not have any calipers. He has to use various kerbs to stop.
ouch!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

spyderman

Quote from: "jumpingflame"can i ask a really silly question??

what are callipers??

embarrassed as heck................

S

THIS...     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtop ... per+decals m
As you set out for Ithaka
hope your road is a long one,
full of adventure, full of discovery. Cyclops,
angry Poseidon - don\'t be afraid of them.you\'ll never find things like that one on your way
as long as you keep your thoughts raised high

-SOT-

Anonymous

Ahhhhhhh,

the penny drops.........

thank you,

S

Anonymous

Chris

Quote from: "cartell"Blue and gold go great together.   s8) 8) s8)   Trust me I know these things.

True - think of the rally/wrx scooby's...

I've done mine red on a black car...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "Chris"I've done mine red on a black car...
As have I, but have you done them ALL yet Chris?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Slacey

I think that silver / red combo looks good, don't think it would work with my dark coloured wheels though...

Anonymous

I used to think that black with white lettering looks cool but the more I see the Carrera GT, the more I like them yellow with black letters...

Anonymous

Considering the size of the rims, them be monster calipers.

Tags: