Red seats

Started by Anonymous, July 4, 2006, 10:09

Anonymous

Hi all,

In my 2 i have red cloth seats that seems to be very dull. I have tried absolutely everything to bring them back to original condition but nothing worked. The reason for that is that i want to have read leather gaitor and red mats but as soon i have places my red gaitor next to my seats the seats look brown not red even comparison to the colour of the car the seats just dont look right.  I was wondering if those seats originally were as bright as the car or not?  Where can i buy mr2 black leather seats or  any other proper aftermarket seats that will fit in the car. Ideally i dont want to spend any more than £300

thank you
x

markiii

red leather seats on ebay at the mo
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"red leather seats on ebay at the mo

yes i know but they look a bit worn

Tem

Quote from: "sexybrunette"even comparison to the colour of the car the seats just dont look right.  I was wondering if those seats originally were as bright as the car or not?

They weren't even close to the red paint.

Japanparts has some bright red leather type covers:
 m http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php? ... 2&small=13 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "sexybrunette"even comparison to the colour of the car the seats just dont look right.  I was wondering if those seats originally were as bright as the car or not?

They weren't even close to the red paint.

Japanparts has some bright red leather type covers:
 m http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php? ... 2&small=13 m

I saw those they look good on picture but i dont know anyone personally who had those. Plus is looks a bit too much money for the  plastic covers

dieamond

In real, it's awful, I sold them once
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"In real, it's awful, I sold them once

I thought they would be, it is practically impossible to create a seat covers that fit like glove.

Sorry to change subject for a sec but i cannot log in to mrs-passion, i have tried and tried and it does not work?

Anonymous

I have just cleaned my red cloth seats and door cards with AutoGlym upholstery cleaner and they came up really well. Spay on wet sponge off and then rub off with a clean cloth.   s:D :D s:D   It worked for me and I thought the saets were quite grubby.

Anonymous

Lets face it. Red cloth upholstry is going to fade in the sunlight and there's not a lot you can do about it. Mine are now a lighter shade of red so i'm considering getting them recovered, probably by a professional coach builder or upholsterer.

I've considered the leather route but i dont actually like leather seats that much - id probably go for another type of cloth or alacantra.

Maybe you should consider another colour that is not so prone to fade. I've seen some black cloth seats on ebay every now and then which your budget would cover. A professional re-cover is likely to cost you well over £500.

Liz

Chromdesign do leather seat covers and they do fit well, require a bit of work to get them on - on my www link if your interested in seeing what they looked like, they do the trim for the doors as well.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

PET3R

Im selling my black cloth seats, they are in mint condition and only dont 20,000 miles, they are as new!

£80 if you want them!

Anonymous

Quote from: "PET3R"I'm selling my black cloth seats, they are in mint condition and only dont 20,000 miles, they are as new!

£80 if you want them!

can i see some pics of them?

PET3R

what a quick responce i will do some now!

PET3R

As promised   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Anonymous

why are you selling them?

PET3R

Weve got leather now   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

how much does it cost to buy original leather and where from?

sorry if i ask to many question  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

PET3R

We bought ours second hand privately, though leather as an optional extra is £958 from Mr T so £80 is quite good for cloth   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

hmm..........i know  there are some on ebay now and then, last red leather pair sold for £280. Plus my car is red i'm not sure if grey/black seats will look good?

PET3R

Ours is red to and they looked fine, we only got leather as we prefer it!

Im not a fan of the red seats in a red car though I luke red doorcards in it.

Anonymous

Plus you are too far away from me, it is about 3.5 hrs

PET3R

So do you not want them?

We might be going to the same event later on in the year if you dont get fixed up?

red_leicester

Quote from: "PET3R"So do you not want them?

We might be going to the same event later on in the year if you dont get fixed up?

Peter, if you're selling the 2, why don't you flog the leathers to SB and put the cloth ones back in before you sell it ?

edit... oops just realised SB wanted black leather.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

PET3R

the car will be more "sellable" with the leather in, SB could always buy the car and the seats   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:idea: :idea: s:idea:

Anonymous

Quote from: "PET3R"the car will be more "sellable" with the leather in, SB could always buy the car and the seats   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:idea: :idea: s:idea:

not all people like leather seats as they need looking after and you can burn your bum when it is really hot.

I'll probably be more willing to buy leather seath though

Tags: