Rear Spoiler Query

Started by Brad1208, July 4, 2006, 18:53

Brad1208

Can someone have a look at the below link and advise either way,

Its the kind of spoiler ive decided upon, just dont want to be ripped off with cr*p, so thought id consult you guys first seeing as im pretty new to all this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8034421692&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
[size=75]2002 Black, Private Registration Number, Red Painted Calipers, Rear Spoiler, Black J-Spec Nose Badge, Lockwood Door Sills, PreCats - Gutted[/size]

spit

Price is about right but don't forget shipping, duties, and painting will bump it up a fair hike.

IIRC Dan's (Ekona) spoiler is (was) like this one, from a firm somewhere in the North-west. Might work out cheaper.

Sorry I have no more details but my brain is frazzled today/this year etc....
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Brad1208

Thanks! Will consider, been scouring the net for hours, but cannot make any sense of finding one in the UK!!! Can't beleive it to be honest, probably only because i dont know what im looking for i guess!
[size=75]2002 Black, Private Registration Number, Red Painted Calipers, Rear Spoiler, Black J-Spec Nose Badge, Lockwood Door Sills, PreCats - Gutted[/size]

Anonymous

Spoiler Depot make good copies of the TRD spoiler (which that is), the guys over in the US have been happy enough with them. The company that made mine has disappeared off the face of the earth, so this seem like a safe enough bet.

Nice choice btw  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

....if you like planks  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

*runs away*

Just jealous - it really is a nice looking spoiler when you see it in the flesh.

Brad1208

cheers! inspires me with confidence!

*Chases glaring*   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

spit

Seriously for a moment, its a good looking spoiler. I didn't like the look of it until I saw it for real on Dan's car. It carries a much nicer form than you get from the photos.

*back-pedals furiously*  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Brad1208

Yes it does keep growing on me, so probably will go for it, Having a few problems ordering from their site at the moment tho, doesn't seem to like shipping to UK, just emailed their support team.

Don't suppose you know how easy it is to link up the rear light?

Anonymous

Piece of cake: Just cut the wire going to the 3rd light, and connect up the wire from the spoiler. 2 min job, tops.

Brad1208

Easy as the eh?!  Cool!

roger

You mean like this one...

It wasn't Spoiler Depot, but the same manufacturer, I reckon. Both Nelix (I think) and me bought one, ready painted. The guy we got it from off US Ebay gave much better carriage rates, but he doesn't seem to be around much now.

I've got fitting photos that I have been meaning to use for a write up... I'll get around to it soon.

<edit> Its this guy  http://stores.ebay.com/Direct-Sales-and-Design-Spoilers You might want to see if he can do it - he has nothing on e-bay at the moment - for MR2 roadster </edit>
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Brad1208

Yea that looks right!

Good if you could show me the fitting pics, would help alot i guess, just been and took a look at the rear light wires now and looks easy enough to sort out

Anonymous

I've been looking at the same spoiler from the same place.

Is the US absolutely red the same as the UK's chilli red?

markiii

yep
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

tut tut roger, we spoke on the phone about this, i told you how to fit it  s:D :D s:D  

i think total cost painted shipped and all taxes.charges etc. was £170

Brad1208

Is that about right then? Its what i was looking at spending to be honest.

roger

Quote from: "nelix"tut tut roger, we spoke on the phone about this, i told you how to fit it  s:D :D s:D  

Sorry, can't recall all these funny names....if only they were as simple as mine. You told ME how to fit it, don't recall that either.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

leon_in_uk

i added up $287 shipped and painted etc. whats that in pounds?

it does look nice, i might be forced to get one, here comes the question!!!

If the normal 3rd brake light wont work anymore, is it easy to take the light out? and what is behind the light? bolts etc? will it look crap once out etc?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Draggon

Nice spoiler.

But just to confirm in my own mind.....

The little spoiler that sits right on the back is just the normal TTE Toyota MR2 'Sports' spoiler ?? NOT  trd Spoiler.

Can that one be sourced from anywhere other than Toyota?

I do like the higher one with brake light etc ..but wanted something a bit more subtle  s;) ;) s;)
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

markiii

there are 3 spoilers we are talking about here

TTE - banana shaped wing that sits just behind teh roof

TRD  - more conventional wing that sits at the back overlapping teh lights

Stock Toyota UK - the little ductail that sits between the rear lights

just because Toyota UK sells some TTE stuff, does not miek all of teh accessories TTE nor does it mean that they sell everything TTE make
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

leon_in_uk

.g
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Brad1208

QuoteIf the normal 3rd brake light wont work anymore, is it easy to take the light out? and what is behind the light? bolts etc? will it look crap once out etc?

Thats a point, what have pople done with the other 3rd brake light? have you blanked it out somehow? or just left it there?

roger

Left it there AND working. Rather than cutting / splicing the cable I used one of those little clamp things that cut into the rubber and distributes the power to another cable. Guess they do have a name.

TBH never seen the effect in real life, but since we are low done I reckon the more light the better.

Somebody told me they thought that was not legal. Don't know why, any ideas anybody?
Roger

aaronjb

Quote from: "roger"Guess they do have a name.

Scotchlok.  Evil things, but so handy when you can't be bothered to do a proper splice  s:) :) s:)

[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "roger"Guess they do have a name.

Scotchlok.  Evil things, but so handy when you can't be bothered to do a proper splice  s:) :) s:)

and why would you use them, they're just put on this planet to create problems for people, do the job properly or dont do it at all
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: