Replacement aerial?

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2003, 20:37

Anonymous

Has anyone replaced their stock elec aerial with a bee sting/whip type aerial or does anyone know where I can get one? The only ones I can find are for roof mounting not wing mounting and the base is a bit heavy/large looking for a wing fitment. I want something as small as possible. Any help much appreciated.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Try the one from the S2000.  It's a straight replacement, if I am not mistaken.

<edit>I hope you have enough patience because it's a real pain to work on the aerial</edit>

Anonymous

Didnt someone on Spyderchat sell these?

markiii

correct, sort of.

If you buy the s2000 antenna and amplified base from Honda (and it's not cheap) you can just swop them.

The chap in the US sells modifed s2000 masts that have a thread to fit the US MR2 base. Since we have motorised masts and the US (pre 2003) didn't if you bought one of these you'd also need the US MR2 base to fit it, thats about £50
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D  Thanks for the help guys, I'll be down to the nearest Honda dealer tomorrow to check them out!

markiii

oops that should have read $50
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "Emmanuel"I hope you have enough patience because it's a real pain to work on the aerial

How do you get to it anyway...?

I assumed through engine bay, but doesn't look like it.

Through the sidevent...removing the inner ducting..?
(how do you remove the inner duct...bolts/clamps/where?)

Removing the inner fender..?
(I hope not, cause I can't do it right now  s:? :? s:? )
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: