Sub box for free! Then great prices for you all!

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2006, 19:02

Anonymous

Hello All!

Some of you who may visit imoc, may have seen the sub boxes i do for the mk1 and mk2!  I have sold over 120 of the mk2 boxes, and have recently registered as a sole trader in constructing custom car audio solutions.

Mk2 boxes -

Mk1 boxes -

I would like to sort these for the mk3 aswell, so i will be offering a free sub box (or 2!) for anybody who will let me use their car to create the template, and ensure the fitting is ok.

My workshop is in stoke, so anybody who lives around there would probably be best suited!

Otherwise, drop me a pm, or post here and i will be able to let you know when the boxes are done!  I envisage the boxes costing no more than £60 (over £100 cheaper than the autoacoustics boxes), and as with my other boxes they will come carpeted, sealed, internally wadded and with binding posts!

If you want to contact me further to this my phone number is 07709 496 610,

my email is  e www.M-B-Design.com w

note - i have checked this post is ok with Liz, and will be registering as a trader if enough interest is raised and i start selling these boxes here!

Anonymous

any ideas where you are thinking about mounting them???
if it would be possible to make one that didnt take up the storage bins then i may be interested.
how long would you need the car for.???
what size sub are you looking at 10" or 12"???

Anonymous

The storage bins do seem to be the logical space, however in the looks i have had at one, completely illogical as you guys dont have a boot!

Maybe if there is another possible solution i could produce a box for that.  Firbreglass allows for some very neat installs in tight spaces!

I reckon i would need the car for about a day, then possible another 10 mins another day to test the fit, and delivery of the final resolved box (s).  I could easily help with lifts around the area.

Anonymous

sorry, forgot the last question!

With my mk2 boxes i do an option of 10" or 12" boxes, as 12" requires  more volume, and loss of seat recline, most people opt for the 10".

I will however produce any solution to suit peoples needs, from coverings (real leather, carpet colours) to sub size and box volume!

HTH

Neil

Ernie Ball

I would definitely be in for one if it fit under the dash.

A guy on Spyderchat makes them for LHD cars, but they won't fit RHD cars.  They look like this:

Could you do something like that?  I'm sure you'd sell quite a few if you could.

Check this thread for the SC group buy.

Anonymous

I could have a look at doing something similar!  but would probably need the car for a bit longer than a day!  Though my days work would probably be quite long!

May be important to stress that it wont be an original UD sub   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Cheers for your pointers so far!  No point developing a sub box that nobody wants!

Neil

Bongo

I have one of the wooden ones that is currently unfitted to my car - would it help you to take a look?

Anonymous

Hi Bongo,

do you mean one of the ones that goes directly into the storage bins?

I guess it wouldnt harm to take a look though i won't just copy it!

Cheers

Neil

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Bongo"I have one of the wooden ones that is currently unfitted to my car - would it help you to take a look?
Have you not fitted this from the original group buy yet   s:?: :?: s:?:   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Bongo

I bought it secondhand, so not quite!

It's one of the wooden UD ones, not a storage bin type...

Anonymous

OK Cheers mate,

Nobody anycloser than Buton up for this?

Maybe you could email me a couple of photos to  e mailto:neiljlatham@hotmail.com">neiljlatham@hotmail.com e

Cheers

Neil

Tags: