Installing the Front J-Spec Badge - By Andrew Carter

Started by markiii, August 14, 2006, 15:45

markiii

Once I found someone supplying colour coded badges other than the stock blue ones, I decided to take the plunge and replace it.

Here's the J-Spec badge I ordered, as you can see the badge has been disassembled and the back of the badge painted red. You can do this, but I took the easy option.

Here's the stock badge you're know so well I'm sure from having to try and clean around it.

Just take some dental floss and saw around the back of the badge, it won't damage the paint work! (There are two pins that will stop the floss, so just work around them)

Here's the badge removed, you can see the pin holes and the sticky mess left behind.

Nothing a bit of white spirit or WD40 will not sort out though with some elbow grease.

A bit of cutting compound may be needed to remove the badges outline on the paint (T-Cut should be fine)
Make sure the surface is clean and free from grease and any compounds used. Also make sure it is dry.

Personally I like the look and shape of this badge a lot more than the old one. Plus it does make people look twice to try and work out what you driving

The finshed article

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: