Post 03 Head unit and iPod mini definitive answer please?

Started by Wabbitkilla, August 14, 2006, 22:21

Wabbitkilla

Ok yes, yes, i've done a search and only found imprecise and conflicting answers.

What I need to know is what to use to connect an iPod mini to the post 03 h/u. Dension or Connects2 and what model? Are they reliable and who are recommended as a supplier?

Please help, I really don't want to have to change my h/u!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

proeliator2001

I have neither but do use a wired FM modulator (about 20-25 quid) - far better than the Itrips etc as you only get little to no interference but you do get some hiss if you turn the volume right up - though in a roadster with the top down that doesn't bother me.  Plus, as I mount the ipod on the air vent, it is actually easier to control it directly rather than reach down to the stereo.

If I had the money, I'd go for the new Harmon Kardon set up - pricey but lovely quality and has a brilliant control wheel and display - the wheel feels oh so slick.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

enid_b

i have a connects 2 that i dont need, not sure if it works on a fisherprice?

pm if ur interested
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Wabbitkilla

No it won't work with the Fisher Price unit.

Sooo.....

I've replaced the H/U with a Panasonic with direct iPod connector and logical control.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: