18" wheels - not such a bad choice !!

Started by s12vea, August 20, 2006, 09:23

dubs

very  s:D :D s:D
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"because thats our/my opinion.

however if you want an appearance opinion

it looks like a rollerskate with 18s on

happy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Has anyone considered the possbility that rollerskates might actually be considered something nice? If 18s on the spyder looks like rollerskates, then 15s on the spyder would look like those rollerblades with really small wheels.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Pls don't get mad at me please.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "S2077S"

Has anyone considered the possbility that rollerskates might actually be considered something nice? If 18s on the spyder looks like rollerskates, then 15s on the spyder would look like those rollerblades with really small wheels.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Pls don't get mad at me please.
I have to agree as I find 15" wheels with unlowered suspension looks odd with a huge arch gap. I find mine with lowered springs and the SP 17" alloys the best compromise when it comes to looks and loss of possible performance  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I have always prefered to see alloys that fill the wheel arch with minimal gap as per the touring cars look  s8) 8) s8)  I know Mark is the total opposite to me on this one but we all have our different tastes; the world would be a boring place and all that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Victor Kiam

I agree with markiii, not the appearance bit, but reducing un-sprung weight is king.

I've personally run my 2 for over a year with no tyre valve covers, no problems.  Handles great, even in the wet.  Must have saved 2 grams, easy.  Can't wait to see how she goes when the rest of the shoddy lacquer Toyota breathed on it finally falls off.

I left a Perodua Kenari, for dead once & it's not even turbo'd.
I liked it so much, I bought the company!

markiii

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "S2077S"

I have to agree as I find 15" wheels with unlowered suspension looks odd with a huge arch gap. I find mine with lowered springs and the SP 17" alloys the best compromise when it comes to looks and loss of possible performance  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I have always prefered to see alloys that fill the wheel arch with minimal gap as per the touring cars look  s8) 8) s8)  I know Mark is the total opposite to me on this one but we all have our different tastes; the world would be a boring place and all that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

17" look fine, and your wheels whilst not teh lightest are designed tominimise thier performance impact
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

I considered some 18"s for the rears.

Tags: