Intermittent volume

Started by Anonymous, September 7, 2006, 19:12

Anonymous

The volume on my 2002 head unit keeps cutting out and the quality of sound is poor (crackly/fuzzy). This starts after a short while of play but only on the radio. CD's play fine  s:? :? s:?  I was going to get a remote stalk as the volume control was erratic but this has now developed and I thoought it best to wait now.

Any ideas for a fix or suggestions for a replacement? I'm not looking to upgrade particularly just need something of similar or slightly better.

I don't have much idea about radio/cd players so please keep it simple  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   Apolgies if this has been covered before but I didn't really know what search thread to use  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Shameless Plug:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12902 m

Richie   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Just to update anyone interested. Took the car to Westcom in Plymouth to see if they could fix it or suggest a decent replacement. Steve was brilliant, he said that the technician had gone for the day but had a fiddle around the back and reckoned it was some loose wiring. Although he was the salesman he reckoned that if  I booked it in to be looked at and they just found it was a loose wire they probably wouldn't charge. If it was anything major we could talk about replacement. Top bloke. Anyway when I drove away the radio is working fine and has contiued to.   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   That'll teach me to have a look at the wiring next time  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: