Wierd World

Started by Wabbitkilla, September 22, 2006, 12:10

Wabbitkilla

Strolled out the door this morning and pressed the fob to open the car....

Nothing.....

Press again....

Nothing!

Hmmmmm [Pause for thought]
Disengage one Dev's keyhole cover, open the door with the key, and the alarm goes off and inserting the key in the ignition shows no problems with battery power. But still can't disable the alarm!

Search for other key and try that.....

Nothing!

Speak to Mr T (after waiting for shops to open and replace battery in one key without a result), and he tells me how to get the car going and the alarm off. So i drive it around to local matey garage and out of habit pressed to lock the car when i left it parked up.... clunk!

So the alarm and CL is working ok here, hmmmm...

Speak to Mr T at the official garage and apparently there's a customer with an Amazon in town who's alarm is behaving the same since a transmitter was mounted atop a local telegraph pole. Mr T says they're starting to get a few people in Skipton with spurious mysterious alarm problems.

So i went home and sure enough couldn't get the alarm to respond in the street. Drove out the street a bit and it works....

So there must be a local Radio Frequency phenomenon affecting my ability to enable / disable the alarm. I wonder what?

No transmitters on telegraph poles around here, so i wonder what?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

SteveJ

Tried the SEARCH button?

Been covered a multitude of times before and most likely cause is either a wireless door bell or wireless alarm system

Wabbitkilla

Yes tried the SEARCH button!

Nothing exactly the same - tonight i will be questioning neighbours.
Still at least i've got new batteries in the fobs replacing the 3 1/2 year old ones.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

kanujunkie

the words "Alarm" and "Fob" give you loads of options without stupid amounts of replies.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Sorted now guys - no need for excitement

heathstimpson

Funny enough when I park at work in a certain section within the carpark I have been having the same problem  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: