Heated door mirrors

Started by davidhowson, September 27, 2006, 17:53

kanujunkie

on this subject, if anyone ever comes across a product called RAINGEN then grab it, its a chemical that changes the outer layer of the glass to that of a hydraphobic glass but whereas Rain x is temporary, Raingen lasts for 12months. Its used on aircraft generally but F1 uses it as well, really hard to get and not cheap, but definatley a good buy, you wont get any condensation at all, shame my bottle ran out  s:( :( s:(  

i'm in if the price is good  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I'm in   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

i'm interested

northernalex

m http://www.rainmagic.co.uk/buy.php m  sounds similar, professional strength lasts for a year!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

roger

Quote from: "davidhowson"Tem, I'll drop you a pm on the heater pads on their own in the morning, as there are various sizes.

David, could you for me as well please. I don't really need it on the 2 (garaged and all that, but if its cheap enough might do it anyway), but I leave the Mondeo out all the time and it would be great for that.

Thanks
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

davidhowson

I have used the heated mirror installation over the past three mornings, and have to say I am very happy with the results. No frost but a considerable amount of dew which starts to clear after 30 seconds, but it takes about 2 minutes for the glass to become fully clear.
I have used a smaller heating pad on this first trial which clears about 2/3rds of the mirror surface within the 2 minutes mentioned above; I have ordered the next size up heating pad to trail that this weekend, as I think the bigger size will fit and produce an even better result. The other issue I have had with the smaller pad is that the electrical connectors are a bit of a tight fit next to the adjusting mechanism and I am hopeful the larger pad will also over come this.
Will update at the weekend and I'll try to get some pictures on here as well.
Cheers - David.

davidhowson

I have added a Group Buy to cover the parts required for this conversion. So if you are still interested, please switch over to my new thread and let me know.
Regards
David

Tags: