MR Midship Runabout Valve cover garnish Done !

Started by Dev, December 25, 2006, 05:47

Dev

This is the way our cars should have come from the factory!

This new engine cover is based on the original and it is very generic to appeal to all people. Further more with falling in the line with the "it should have come form the factory" appearance mod.

My philosophy is to add substance without making it look customized so that it gives legitimacy to the car.  

This unit is all quality and there is no flimsiness to it like the other cheap one sold for other cars and in fact it is more solid then the original.

When I first thought of having it done I knew it would look good but then when I installed it in the day time with the engine bay open it looked incredible as if the MR2 was an exotic. Another words it does more then just sit there as it has presence.

Also one can see the midship wording through the vents.
I will have different paint schemes and such and it will be on sale very soon for $70 shipped and I will find out how much more it is to ship out to you guys across the pond .

Please let me know what you guys think.

Anonymous

dev, once again you have surpassed yourself!  s:D :D s:D   put me down for 1 mate, an xmas pressie to myself  s:) :) s:)   didnt even have to covince the wife, wow was her comment. have a great xmas and new year   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

heathstimpson

Yes another top mod; add me to the list matey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

3rd one please.  s:D :D s:D  
what colours are you looking at doing????

Anonymous

Definitley interested, come back to us with colours and we'll be ready

Anonymous

Hi Dev,
Just to add to the collection of Dev accoutrements, add Bill Mak to the order
Thks
Bill

Anonymous

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  superb Dev

once again youve somehow produced something thats going to make me spend more money!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Dev

Hey thanks guys. As far as the color schemes go you will have a choice of standard silver which you can paint yourself you own customized colors.

The themed colors will be what ever you car color is and the letters will be the painted the color of the soft top of the car. This is an extra service of $10 and just so you know and it will not be painted to be an exact match but something very close to it to keep costs down.

This service and the cover is my gift to you guys for the price I am offering to show my appreciation for both communities.

Dev

Actually if you guys want to claim the first ten you may do so now then I will designate a paypal address and PM the fist ten people. The reason being that I am too busy to set up anything for the next two days because I will be busy making the TBLV for all those that ordered. I want to stay on top of my projects but as far as the MR garnish goes these are a stright shot.

I will have 10 of them for the first batch so please claim them now. you will be shairing these ten with the Spyderchat folks so they are going fast.
I will set myself up in the sales section soon.

I know that some people have expressed interest and are ready but I need absolute comitment so on this thread please claim your cover to reserve a spot for the fist 10.

Thanks
 dev

Anonymous

ill take 1 for sure dev  s:D :D s:D   is it possible to combine the shipping with the brake light visor?

Dev

Quote from: Dev1. emathieu
2. Lee
3. nelix
4.heathstimpson
5. jonboy
6.bossman23780
7.gazrhys
8.BillMak
9. dcox20
10.skeemer
11.murray
12.ShaneG
13. glenonoka
14.travsmith

Dev

Quote from: "nelix"ill take 1 for sure dev  s:D :D s:D   is it possible to combine the shipping with the brake light visor?

Yes I can do that.   s:D :D s:D  

You will just be paying what ever it cost extra to ship both items. There should be some savings.

Anonymous

cheers m8  s:D :D s:D  ill have a colored 1 please, blue car, black roof.

Anonymous

include me on this one Dev please

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dev"
Quote from: "nelix"ill take 1 for sure dev  s:D :D s:D   is it possible to combine the shipping with the brake light visor?

Yes I can do that.   s:D :D s:D  

You will just be paying what ever it cost extra to ship both items. There should be some savings.

in fact dev when the time comes can you do the same for me then i can pay all in one go?

Anonymous

Great to see you producing another quality product dev!

Please add me to the list for the standard silver (unpainted). I'm on the list for the TBLV, so I'll pay for both together, if that's OK.

Merry xmas and a happy new year.

Dev

Quote from: "Dev"1. emathieu
2. Lee
3. nelix
4.heathstimpson
5. jonboy
6.bossman23780
7.gazrhys
8.BillMak
9. dcox20
10.skeemer
11.murray
12.ShaneG
13. glenonoka
14.travsmith
15.kj
16.eds123
17. rtbiscuit
18. Chris
19. muffdan

s8) 8) s8)

This is what I got so far and I just found out that I don't need an import license here in the US so that's why I only initially wanted to get 10 under the radar but I found out today that all I need is a tax ID which I have so its not a problem anymore.
I don't want to keep people waiting for this so I am just going to raise the bar to 20 initial orders then put in the order so that the turn around time is minimal.

I did not include some people who have replied because I don't know their full intention so if you wanted one please let me know now.

Thanks guys I somehow knew that this would be a big seller but I had no idea I would sell this many in such a short time.

I will be collecting payment on the fist of January with the inauguration of my new company.

Anonymous

Hi Dev, I'll take one coloured, Yellow body, Black roof,
Thanks

Dev

Quote from: "kj"Hi Dev, I'll take one coloured, Yellow body, Black roof,
Thanks

Ok I got you now. I did not know your intention at the time but now I do.

I have only four more engine covers left.

Anonymous

Dev just interested if you dont mind me asking?!

but do you work cus i dont know how you have the time to get all this done?!

im i being nosey   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Dev

Quote from: "bossman23780"Dev just interested if you dont mind me asking?!

I'm i being nosey   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sure no problem. I don't work I study to get licensed for my profession  but I have put that on hold for some time now.  don't worry about the work because I have a dedicated partner to help out with these projects and another partner exclusively for the keyhole covers and soon gap covers.

I am starting up two companies and we will see where it goes from here but so far things are looking good and I will continue to make some other cool projects for our cars.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dev"
Quote from: "bossman23780"Dev just interested if you dont mind me asking?!

I'm i being nosey   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Sure no problem. I don't work I study to get licensed for my profession  but I have put that on hold for some time now.  don't worry about the work because I have a dedicated partner to help out with these projects and another partner exclusively for the keyhole covers and soon gap covers.

I am starting up two companies and we will see where it goes from here but so far things are looking good and I will continue to make some other cool projects for our cars.

First dibs then on your future projects!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Cheers mate, now it helps me understand the myth that is DEV!

rtbiscuit

hi dev,

missed this while i was away over xmas,

please can i have one to, just plain silver will be fine, i also have a rear light garnish on order,

can i pay for both at the same time cheers.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Dev

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"hi dev,

missed this while i was away over xmas,

please can i have one to, just plain silver will be fine, i also have a rear light garnish on order,

can i pay for both at the same time cheers.

Sure thing. I will have a website up and running in which you will be able to place your orders in a cart like how most vendors do it.

I will PM people on both lists after the new year with the link so you can place your order. I will be able to combine shipping and such when you order both.  Only those that are on the list who were fist will get their order sooner than those that come later on this list. If those that are on the list do not pay for their order in one months time then it will be first come fist serve.

Chris

Hi Dev,

I'd really like a black one with red lettering, (as black car, black roof not an ideal combination!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) but if this isn't possible, then just put me down for a standard silver one..

Cheers..
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: