MR Midship Runabout Valve cover garnish Done !

Started by Dev, December 25, 2006, 05:47

Dev

Guys there are two spots left.

I have placed a big order of Engine covers and Brake light visors. I should be getting them in the second week of January and they will be shipped out promptly.

I have also changed what I plan to do about the paint because I dont have the time to paint the letters.

I will paint them solid colors and you guys can paint the letters. There will be colors for you guys to choose from. The price for painting these colors will not raise the price as there will be no coustum paint fee.
The price will remain $70 shipped US and what ever extra it cost to ship the cover to you guys.

heathstimpson

Decisions, decisions, what colour shall I go for  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Dev

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Decisions, decisions, what colour shall I go for  s:? :? s:?

Here is a sample of colors avalible. There is a ceramic aluminum color that looks good. I plan to paint mine a dark gun metal. Most all of the paints are high heat ceramic and look good.

m http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/highheat.html m

I am holding a contest on here and spyderchat for the best painted cover.

Those that enter for the best painted cover will recieve a refund on their cover.

Im also entering the contest and the people will vote on both forums and I will tally the results.

rtbiscuit

do you have to use heat resistant paints i'v seen it done  with ordinary paints and a good coating of laquer!
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Dev

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"do you have to use heat resistant paints i'v seen it done  with ordinary paints and a good coating of laquer!

No it doesnt but the high heat ceramic paints look good and stick very well without any fadeing and chiping.

Chris

Quote from: "Dev"I have also changed what I plan to do about the paint because I dont have the time to paint the letters.

I will paint them solid colors and you guys can paint the letters.

In that case then, can I please get mine in Black? I'll look to do the letters myself, probably in red, but maybe silver..
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

philster_d

Damn there goes my black silver idea   hehe

heathstimpson

Quote from: "philster_d"Damn there goes my black silver idea   hehe
And mine  s:? :? s:?  Doesn't look like any of us are particularly original  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

muffdan

put me down for a silver one please (and a green rear light visor too!)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Dev

Quote from: "muffdan"put me down for a silver one please (and a green rear light visor too!)

Sure thing. I need you to post your order for the brake light visor on my other thread for Brake light visors.

I will soon have my ordering site up and running shortly for you to order.

Thanks

Dev

I was  making some keyhole covers today and my keyhole cover partner Josh painted the valve cover.

Josh likes the valve cover and thought it was quality. Anyway here are some new pics of the valve cover.

Dev

Also I had a chance to play around with my new Flash that has a stroboscopic  and slow sync mode.

rtbiscuit

looks really good, i cant wait to get my hands on mine.

custom paint job on the way! been a while since i'v been able to flex my spraying arm.   s:D :D s:D  

i have some good ideas, just got to choose on a colour scheme

do you have a pic of it straight on i.e. sat on someones lap looking directly at it so that i can have a play on photoshop.

Previous cars:

Anonymous

just though i would ask the question about fitment

im presuming its a straight swap because ive never really looked at the current covers on the car already?

rtbiscuit

looks like it.

unbolt one, bolt on the other,

from what i can tell he has used the orignal as the mould and modified to include lettering. not a bad job if i do say so!

Previous cars:

Anonymous

s8) 8) s8)   easy job then

if only it was as simple and easy to do as Dev makes it appear  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

i think it really is!

or are you refering to the spraying.

Previous cars:

muffdan

Silver garnish with body-colour matching green letters for me I think   s:D :D s:D
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

im on about the whole process mate!

some of Devs products are so simple, but try and have ago yourself and you will see hoe tricky it is without the nohow

thank god for guys like Dev!! ... he says kneeliing on one knee   s:) :) s:)

rtbiscuit

its one of those awkward things,

i'm always up for giving a hand, but as people are so spread out (benefits of an international forum) its a case of chatting and then have a go yourself.

if you need any advice spraying there is a guide on spraying valve garnishes in the appearance section (i posted it)

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"its one of those awkward things,

i'm always up for giving a hand, but as people are so spread out (benefits of an international forum) its a case of chatting and then have a go yourself.

if you need any advice spraying there is a guide on spraying valve garnishes in the appearance section (i posted it)

yeah but i think i ve mentioned before! im so so lazy   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

no really, one day im going to have to give it a bash! it maybe this time

Dev

Quote from: "bossman23780"just though i would ask the question about fitment

I'm presuming its a straight swap because ive never really looked at the current covers on the car already?

It is a straight swap with no issues. But I must mention that one of the holes where you use the plastic fastener  is a little off but you can still press in the fastener in without any problem.  I  am only mentioning it because;

1. there will be someone that will comment about it when its not an issue at all.  

And

2. because I want to be upfront and honest about that small flaw because I know something about it but apart from that you will think its silly for me to mention it after you install the engine cover without a problem.

I will test each cover on my car before it is painted and sent out.  

Also just to let you know the engine cover is much easier to paint then the brake light visor. Its so easy even a Monkey can do it and I will be offering it in different colors and then you can paint the letters like my friend josh has done or just paint over the paint I provide and start over.  Just spray and let it dry and thats it.

Chris

Quote from: "Dev"I was  making some keyhole covers today and my keyhole cover partner Josh painted the valve cover.

Josh likes the valve cover and thought it was quality. Anyway here are some new pics of the valve cover.

The exact combo I was thinking of!! Looks good, so I think that could well be a winner..  Just need to get a small brush and a steady hand now!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Dev

Painting the letters is not that hard. Even if you go over a little it will not show up when its on the engine.

Anonymous

So when can we order

Tags: