MR2 basic stereo sound? Advice Please....

Started by Anonymous, February 18, 2007, 20:20

rtbiscuit

wanted to mount the screen in the nav pod as it is the best visual place to view things, either sat nav or at a glance. especially if i wanted to play movies etc. although saying that, can't watch movies while you drive, so maybe a centre monted one would do.

i like the idea of building a carputer, but it all starts to get expensive.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Chris

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "filcee"The wires feed all frequencies to both the tweeters and the main units

Surprises me. Surely there's a passive crossover/high-pass filter somewhere in the stock setup for the tweets?

Hmmmm ... learned something new today  s8) 8) s8)

I don't remember seeing one when I replaced mine recently, although there is a big resistor type thing which probably does something similar...

As I coulnd't be arsed to try and poke new speaker wires through the doors, i'm just utilising the stock harness up the door and then got different cable from there to the speakers..
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

ok have orderd a pioneer head unit and a direct i pod link comes with it !!
i have the old pioneer Ts-wx22a 20cm powered subwoofer from the smart roaster we had   !!! will get crossovers for the doors if there is none there ,that should stop the rattles when turned up a bit cause the base will all be going to the back boot space!!!  will post my conclusion when fitted  s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Leeber

Which Rainbows do you have Stu? I had the SLX 265 Deluxes in my old Roadster, they were fed directly from the Kenwood HU, I found them to be a bit tinny for my liking though. In fact the other half hated them, I've lost a lot of top-end in my hearing anyway ( after 5 years drumming in a rock band ), but she found it very uncomfortable when they were turned up.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Leeber

Quote from: "Chris"although there is a big resistor type thing

That'll be a capacitor, frequently used as a cheap alternative to a decent crossover setup. All it does is act as a high pass filter I believe.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Tags: