in car t.v.

Started by Anonymous, February 21, 2007, 11:55

Anonymous

i was wondering if any of you have toggled with the idea of a tv reciever oin your car.i bought a moterised flipout dvd player at xmas,think its a ripspeed dv710 or something,is there a product out in the market that i could hookup and  recieve tv,i was in work last night and did f**k all for 4 hours ,where i could have watched chapions league games.made me think.

ninjinski

Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

pretty nice s**t there mate,can i ask you how many channels are yoy picking up with this,can you pick up a couple of footy games on it,when your in build up areas with lots of antennas and other outdoor ariels ,is there any disruption in frequency reciever,very nice job.thanks for the links i will keep on this ,prob pick one up and if have any hassle will drop you a PM.

davidhowson

I have installed a DVB-T freeview tuner box into our new RAV-4 which has the Toyota DVD and rear headrest screens system.
We get about 20 TV stations and 30 or so DAB Radio.
There is a similar system on ebay now:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DVB-T-Mobile-Car-TV-freeview-Digital-TV-Receiver-Box-UK_W0QQitemZ270089821034QQihZ017QQcategoryZ67772QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The TV works most of the time when moving but it's not 100% stable until you stop.

David

heathstimpson

That's a great price there David  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

davidhowson

It look exactly like mine, and it even came with a mains transformer so it can be used at home too! Plugs into normal coax tv lead and has both RF out and RGB via phono sockets. I paid about £60, so the price has come down even more.
I think it's a good buy at that!

spit

I'll have one of these for sale soon .... with an additional powered aerial booster - the aerial that comes with this can be a bit poo in weak reception areas.

Also a rear-view mirror / TV screen, with reversing camera that comes on when you .. uh .. reverse.

Watch this (or another) space.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

northernalex

oh spit love the idea of the rear view/reversing camera.. in the mirror... watching the FS section intently.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: