G-Tech pro SS owners?

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2007, 01:44

Anonymous

been a while since i had the old style Gtech Pro, and I cant remember if it could show actual speed in a similar fashion to the apexi rsm?

I know it can do the 0-60 etc, but wondered if it can constantly show speed and shift lights when not on a run and doing normal driving?

any owners out there?

Tem

Quote from: "perry190"old style Gtech Pro, and I cant remember if it could show actual speed in a similar fashion to the apexi rsm?

I'm not sure which one you mean, the old GTech Pro or the SS?

If you mean the GTech Pro, which looks like this, then yes, it can show actual speed.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

ss or rr tem mate

MRMike

I had the RR, and from what I remember it doesn't show constant speed, as it has no reference point whilst driving along.  It will show speed on a graph once you download the 'run' though.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

cheers matey, I did mail them in the US but they didnt come back

Thanks for that, was going to do away with my shift light and go with the GTech but if it cant show live speed then the light will do

thanks again

P

MRMike

If you are thinking of getting one Perry, don't get the RR.  It's just the old competition model with updated RR software. Get the competition model which are available cheap on the internet and upload the software which is available on Tesla's website.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

cheers matey

I've decided against it as it doesnt show live speed, had a heads up display in the last 'two' and I like having the speed visible without looking down at the dials, thought the GTECH might do it, but obviosly not   s:( :( s:(

apexi RSM's alright, but unless you pick up an old US model they are all in KPH nowadays

MRMike

Quote from: "perry190"cheers matey

I've decided against it as it doesnt show live speed, had a heads up display in the last 'two' and I like having the speed visible without looking down at the dials, thought the GTECH might do it, but obviosly not   s:( :( s:(

apexi RSM's alright, but unless you pick up an old US model they are all in KPH nowadays

Could be wrong, but I'm sure I saw conversion software somewhere for the RSM???

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

no idea matey?

anyway...went for one of these DEFI units in the end  (similar to what I had before)

m http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/ ... s_top.html m

chap was selling one brand new on fleabay and we came to a deal   s;) ;) s;)

so shift light can now come out   s:) :) s:)

Tags: