Center Console

Started by alancdavis, March 31, 2007, 19:23

alancdavis

I know I have been down this road many times before,,,,,,,but,,,,,Has any one located and fit a consul to there car ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

rtbiscuit

pm cumbrian chris, he may be able to help you out, he is a friend of mine, mention my name, and tell him what you are thinking of. as i am not 100% sure.

he will either say, yay, or nay!
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

alancdavis

PM sent,,,,,,come on guys someone must have fit a consol to hide that ugly void twixt existing consul and ashtray    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

rtbiscuit

mrs passion did

Previous cars:

rtbiscuit

did you want something like this?

Previous cars:

alancdavis

looks very interesting,,,,  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I have considered contacting a fabrication shop and giving them a rough idea of what i want and see what they come up with,

I am really supprised that more members dont want to consider this interior mod   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
One of trhe MR2s snags is the somewhat bland consul.
Alll comments will be wecome

alancdavis

I would think that even the front section has a lot of potential.

rtbiscuit

i'm sure this thread has been posted before, and several alternatives posted up.

if you can find it i believe it has lots of pics on it.

Previous cars:

alancdavis

I have made enquiries in the past but it seens to die the death due to lack of interest   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

kanujunkie

just make one yourself Alan, you've been on here a fair amount of time so you must have some idea on modding by now
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

It is not a lack of interest Alan, but many have ran off seeing the horrendous price tag on a center console!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

IMHO, there are too many designs of the center console, and it would take a creator to come out with too many variations to satisfy the public as a whole. Unless all of you can stand your foot and vote unanimously on 1 design and get someone to produce it.

I vote for the TTE one.

alancdavis

Got any pictures of the TTEone  s:? :? s:?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "alancdavis"Got any pictures of the TTEone  s:? :? s:?

TTE dont do one
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

it was a show piece one, a one off, to show there turbo kit to the japanese market!

Anonymous

I know they don't do it, and it's a one-off. But how else should I address it then?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

karlus972

Guys,
MRS Passion members have been working on custom consoles, and they turned out quite well.

Arnaud 39 - Not finished yet

Dabeny made a nice one, but not 100% done yet. Since he is banned from this forum I won't be posting pics of his console....that's fair   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I have finished my central console yesterday. It's based on Arnaud39 console. I covered it with leather, and it turned out quite well. I still have some tweaks to do, and shall post when it's completely done.

Voila!
Madinina Style!!

markiii

Quote from: "karlus972"Dabeny made a nice one, but not 100% done yet. Since he is banned from this forum I won't be posting pics of his console....that's fair   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

[ADMIN] For teh record Dabeny was suspended for being childish, he was never banned he just chose not to return because he wasn't getting teh desired attention level [ADMIN]
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Malaysia's carpentry, skill and labour cost is second to none. Unless the French can come up with some decent pricing, I stand to protect the pockets of this board.

On a side note, the center console you posted is very nice indeed. Great job!  s:D :D s:D  

Is any of the French members thinking of selling the consoles? As long as the price is not ridiculous, I'll lay my lazy hands off this mod, and buy it straight up.  s:P :P s:P

kanujunkie

David who makes the style bars was going to sell one, but he's taken so long to produce and market something that i'd say its an open field
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

Oh my...that thing must weight a ton?  s:? :? s:?

Quote from: "karlus972"Dabeny made a nice one, but not 100% done yet. Since he is banned from this forum I won't be posting pics of his console....that's fair   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Well, it wasn't too hard to google for 'mrs passion forum' and figure out that 'Intérieur' means interior.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

It seems arnaud was kind enough to post details of how he built his:
 m http://www.mrs-passion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2868 m

And here's the thread how dabeny modified his, if anyone's interested:
 m http://www.mrs-passion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Where will we be without our knight with shining armour Tem? He always come to the rescue!   s8) 8) s8)  

Well done!   s:D :D s:D

markiii

off topic, but after 10 mins on that forum I'm so glad we don't allow pictures in signatures
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

karlus972

Well, clarity is needed.

@markiii and Tem:  In my opinion, I didn't find this fair posting pictures of Dabeny's console on a board he's been suspended. It's my personal opinion.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

@Tem: arnaud 39 made a complete thread about his console. My intention was to show you guys the final result. Like I wrote, his console is not 100% finished so there was no point - at this stage - posting the evolution of the console.
Next it's just 3 pieces of plywood!!!! It's not steal or anything like that. To give you an idea, I finished mine yesterday and I could easily lift it up to plug in the windows switches. I agree light is right, but let's not go over board!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

@simontan75: Well a console is a fully customized part that require time, money and a lot's of efforts. I don't quite get what you mean with " I stand to protect the pockets of this board" .......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Anyway, my intention was to show you what we do on the french board......
Madinina Style!!

kanujunkie

[slightly off topic]intersting, nice neat design and i guess that now its mocked he can fix the weight issues, the scarey thing for me on there is Karlus's avatar!

[size=100]Stu[/size]

karlus972

Quote from: "markiii"off topic, but after 10 mins on that forum I'm so glad we don't allow pictures in signatures

off topic
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   come on Mark! your signature takes 5 lines!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Madinina Style!!

Tags: