Center Console

Started by alancdavis, March 31, 2007, 19:23

markiii

yep, but I have a personal niggle for pics, I find it makes the forum really hard to scan
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

karlus972

Quote from: "kanujunkie"[slightly off topic]intersting, nice neat design and i guess that now its mocked he can fix the weight issues, the scarey thing for me on there is Karlus's avatar!

RESPECT TO THE MAX!!   s:D :D s:D  

See, this board is providing with very technical information, very professional data base, many different profiles (engineers, mechanics, marketing   s:P :P s:P   etc) and still.....we can have fun.
These avatars have been added with the generosity of his highness DIEAMOND!!   s:D :D s:D  

[OFF TOPIC]
Madinina Style!!

kanujunkie

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

[back on topic quick!]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

karlus972

ok doki!

This console is made by an Austrian and as far as I remember he charges you about 700€   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

David's consoles are nice, but they have to be integrated into the existing console, and a bit pricey
Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "karlus972"@simontan75: Well a console is a fully customized part that require time, money and a lot's of efforts. I don't quite get what you mean with " I stand to protect the pockets of this board" .......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Don't get me wrong karlus, I fully support reaping financial rewards for work of dedication, sweat and R&D. However we have seen ridiculous marked up prices on many AM products before. That's understandable from a vendor's point of view. Pricing has to be justified by the workmanship and complication of design involved. Granted Arnaud's console results from a labour of love, passion and sweat. But if anyone of us feel that we can offer something of the same quality if not better than any said product at a much affordable price, why not? I say we go for it. This is afterall an enthusiast's creation for fellow enthusiasts. It's about sharing of ideas and products with fellow like-minded nuts.  So is monetary gain that important in this context? A fair amount of markup is understandable for the work and R&D involved. Going over is certainly not warranted.

A count of fellow members who own a MRS-Passion center console speaks louder of what we think of the price. I merely reiterate public consensus.    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

It's a nice center console no doubt. But not USD1000 nice though. I'll make one, triple the cost and sell it, and it's not even half the price of MRS Passion's.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "karlus972"@Tem: arnaud 39 made a complete thread about his console. My intention was to show you guys the final result. Like I wrote, his console is not 100% finished so there was no point - at this stage - posting the evolution of the console.

Well, I figured that since he himself had posted the evolution of the console in a public area in internet, it won't do any harm if I share the link over here.  s8) 8) s8)

QuoteAnyway, my intention was to show you what we do on the french board......

...and that you did.  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

karlus972

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "karlus972"@Tem: arnaud 39 made a complete thread about his console. My intention was to show you guys the final result. Like I wrote, his console is not 100% finished so there was no point - at this stage - posting the evolution of the console.

Well, I figured that since he himself had posted the evolution of the console in a public area in internet, it won't do any harm if I share the link over here.  s8) 8) s8)

True, but I thought it'd be best to only show the final result   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Madinina Style!!

alancdavis

Have I strarted a posting war  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

All I wanted was an inexpensive consul   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"Have I strarted a posting war  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Console Alan, CONSOLE!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

karlus972

nah you've not.
I is from da caribbean island, we is chill down there!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

Surprising after the start of this discussion, the photos from the said French thread were taken away.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I wonder why??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quick fingers the Malaysians got anyway.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

RacingSnake

Quote from: "simontan75"

Console Alan, CONSOLE!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I would humbly submit that THIS is the kind of Consul Alan is really after!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Come on, its inexpensive - and very lightweight with the wing missing   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  [/url]

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"Got any pictures of the TTEone  s:? :? s:?

Here's it.

Anonymous

Well since we are at it, I'm wondering if the weight penalty of using MDF for the console would be undesirable? I know there are few who are weight-conscious, but what other lighter alternatives are there beside FG?

What do you think Tem?   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Anonymous

i wonder if that speaker, right of the steering wheel was ever fuctional  s:? :? s:?  

.. and brown! how dull!

alancdavis

Very nice CONSOLE,,,  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Tem

Quote from: "simontan75"Surprising after the start of this discussion, the photos from the said French thread were taken away.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I wonder why??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Somehow I figured that would happen, so I saved them on my computer too.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   They were just links to imageshack anyway and the pics still seem to be there. I wonder if I should post the links here...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

No worries Karlus, we get the point, it's ok to show them to the french guys, but not for anyone else, right?  s:? :? s:?  I just don't understand why you had to come here bragging that you're doing this and that, but we can't see, cause we suspended one of you for a while? If you like to keep things to yourself, that's fine, but please don't brag about them in a community which is based on sharing.  s:( :( s:(

Tem

Quote from: "simontan75"Well since we are at it, I'm wondering if the weight penalty of using MDF for the console would be undesirable? I know there are few who are weight-conscious, but what other lighter alternatives are there beside FG?

What do you think Tem?   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

CF...might be too expensive?  s:? :? s:?

I bet FG would be fine, it's not that big piece and the difference to CF wouldn't bee too big. Moulded plastic would be great, wonder if it would be doable for small quantities and reasonable price...?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"CF...might be too expensive?  s:? :? s:?

I bet FG would be fine, it's not that big piece and the difference to CF wouldn't bee too big. Moulded plastic would be great, wonder if it would be doable for small quantities and reasonable price...?

Moulded plastic is defintely a no go unless I own the factory myself.   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Have got to be FG then. I'm getting my car out of the workshop soon, so I have time to pursue this project. I'm thinking of getting one done in MDF first as a a mold for the final FG version. Then again, we have to deal with the armrest, and how it's gonna be connected to the console. Questions like the material to use for the armrest and how it can be joint to a FB console is something I've no clue yet. But anyway, I think I'll figure that out soon. Incidentally I will model this from the TTE version.

Anonymous

Oh I promise to triple the cost and sell it to you guys. Don't forget to sing praise to me then. Some form of worshipping would be nice too.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

jarod

Good, Simon, very good   s8) 8) s8)    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Spectra Blue My00
[size=75]J-Spec Badges | 03 sidevents & rear bumper | Mongos | Che\'s manifold | Fox duals | Custom Green Twister intake | Custom leather interior | Tom\'s flywheel | Sachs clutch | TTE swaybars | Custom Breastplate | Front TRD strut tower brace | BC Racing coilovers | EBC+Goodridge brakes | Lots of custom modifications..[/size]

karlus972

Quote from: "simontan75"Surprising after the start of this discussion, the photos from the said French thread were taken away.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I wonder why??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

What exactly are you talking about??? what pictures have been taken away???

Quote from: "simontan75"Oh I promise to triple the cost and sell it to you guys. Don't forget to sing praise to me then. Some form of worshipping would be nice too.     s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:    s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "jarod"Good, Simon, very good   s8) 8) s8)    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Hey Claudio my friend, been wondering how you have been!   s:D :D s:D   How are you? PM you soon!

jarod

Quote from: "simontan75"Hey Claudio my friend, been wondering how you have been!
[OT]
The view from my office window should tell you why I've been a little bit distracted lately:

(sorry for the crappy cellphone pic)
[/OT]

Back on topic, the center console seems a fabulous idea, especially if it will be suitable for leather upholstering (you know what I mean..)
Spectra Blue My00
[size=75]J-Spec Badges | 03 sidevents & rear bumper | Mongos | Che\'s manifold | Fox duals | Custom Green Twister intake | Custom leather interior | Tom\'s flywheel | Sachs clutch | TTE swaybars | Custom Breastplate | Front TRD strut tower brace | BC Racing coilovers | EBC+Goodridge brakes | Lots of custom modifications..[/size]

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  You finally got it!

No wonder I haven't seen you much lately.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I've been thinking of upholstery as well. Perhaps you can ask Valerio if FG is fine for upholstery?

Honestly speaking, I've never consider a FG console simply because I fear it wouldn't work with upholstering. Majority of the owners would probably prefer an OEM look with leather than the painted glossy look of a FB console. Valerio would know best!

Tags: