Anyone able to recommend a new HU that....

Started by aaronjb, November 17, 2003, 17:28

aaronjb

Afternoon all .. First post from a new (well, 2 week old) Mk3 owner..
(I mean I've had the car 2 weeks, not that I'm 2 weeks old.. ahem..  s;) ;) s;)  )

Anyway - I want to replace the double DIN headunit with something a bit more.. Erm.. how to be polite..  s;) ;) s;)

I was going to just dump my Alpine (18 month old MP3 head) in, but since I might well keep the car it's currently in, I started thinking..

Does anyone know of an MP3 head that has a matching in-dash 6-disc changer (Pioneer make an in-dash changer, I believe) that can also play MP3's.. I.e. I could have 6 discs worth of MP3's in the car at once..

I haven't come across one on my travels, but perhaps one of you on here will know of one  s:) :) s:)

Thanks,
Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Dunno of an In-Dash one, but I used to have a Sony T70MX which did 6CDs of MP3s.   Or if you're going external Markiii has quite a cool harddisk based solution.

Anonymous

blaupunkt have a 5 disc in-dash single din and a single din mp3/dab

aaronjb

Thanks guys - I did a bit of searching through the forum and found a link that Mark (markiii) posted to a US site for the mp3 module deely.. That looks rather sweet - rather expensive, but very nice indeed - especially given that you can get the modules to hook it directly into an Alpine headunit (my manufacturer of choice, them or Pioneer).

Oh dear, I can hear the credit card groaning already!  s;) ;) s;)

Thanks,
Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

markiii

it's worth it, especially when you get the voice module
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"it's worth it, especially when you get the voice module

I'll second that, it's very cool having someone read the track/folder names to you.

Anonymous

Just going to jump in off topic - welcome to the club mate!

And there I am jumping quick away before anyone notices

Anonymous

Pioneer new DEH9000 series are the jobies, just relised is the single din 6 sidc changer with MP3 format etc but is only for use witht eh 9000 series with IP- Bus leads   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Oh and they are expensive to !

aaronjb

Thanks for the welcome, everyone  s:) :) s:)

And cr*pola, those Pioneers are expensive!

I used to have a DEH9100R (before MP3 players became commonplace), but some thieving scum nicked it (and ripped most of the dash out of my 300ZX at the same time..   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  )..

Tempted.. now just to find an online supplier..  s:) :) s:)

Ta,
Aaron

Anonymous

w www.caraudiodiscount.com w

I use these guys a lot and find them to be cheap and get everything i want exsept focal!!!!!

apparently they had a falling out   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   LOL

aaronjb

Cheers Buster, now just to figure out which single DIN changer it is that works with the head units  s;) ;) s;)  (The ones I could see there were all changers and radios, rather than just a slave changer unit.. I shall have a poke about Pioneers website)..

Ta muchly,
Aaron

Tags: