Tech query... Wiring for switched 12v & earth on ECM

Started by Wabbitkilla, June 2, 2007, 10:41

Wabbitkilla

Looking to power my innovate from the boomslang harness.

What i need to know is which are the best places to get a switched 12v and an earth from.

The ECM terminals page suggests E2-16 for switched power and E4-17

Anyone got any better advice / information?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

spit

Them's the ones ... E4-17 is the common ground for the car's many sensors. As an alternative you can solder on a ring/spade connector and clamp it at an ECU chassis mounting point (you'll need Russ's torx bit for that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

Although E2-16 is a switched 12V, I've noticed that the WB warm-up cycle freezes when you start the car (but power isn't cut). An irritation but no biggie. Haven't found a workaround to that.

We took Kris's LC1 power & earth from the dashboard and it works fine ... but if you're planning to use the WB analogs its best to earth at pin 17.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

Cheers mate.

Will be wiring and fusing a remote connector so the innovate can be unplugged if need be. I just wish my "Option" harnesses were here then i could be done and finished.

Have a goodun
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: