Odd aerial

Started by Anonymous, December 6, 2003, 12:00

Anonymous

Hi,
As a new owner of an MR2 I am confused by my electric aerial and wondered if this is normal........

Turn on the radio aerial goes up, great

Turn radio off aerial goes down, think I'm getting the hang of this  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Turn engine off when radio has been switched off first (aerial down), Engine stops, aerial goes up pause 123 aerial goes down again.  s:? :? s:?  

Confused

Anonymous

I'm not surprised you're confused.  Mine doesn't do that.

MRMike

nope mine doesn't do that either..i think you may need to get an exorcist in... sounds possessed
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Slacey

I think it's normal; mine did it too until I put in a switch to control it manually.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I don't think it's normal; mine is at full auto and it does not do that...

Unless there is some other setting hidden somewhere... or we are talking about different stereos.  I am talking about the Sony unit.

Slacey

Mine was a Panasonic single DIN (Toyota branded) and now a Sony single DIN, but they both did it   s:? :? s:?

MRMike

Mine is standard Fisher Price Toyota
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Mine like Emmanuel's is a Sony... think that was standard for the UK models until the 2003 revision.

Anonymous

I perhaps should have mentioned that my car is a Belgan import and has a Toyota single din radio and separate single din CD player. The radio has a removeable face plate and I have been watching it carefully I think I might be able to answer my own question. Once the engine turns off the Radio screen comes up with a messge to remind you to remove the faceplate, its at this point some power must go to the radio and also powers up the aerial. I seem to remember reading somewhere in the manual that this can be turned off. I think if I turn off the warning message the aerial might stop going up when the engine is off.

Anyway thanks to all who replied

Stuart

Slacey

That may well be the solution; mine is a Danish import with the single DIN I mentioned above.

Comer

Quote from: "Blackrat"Hi,
As a new owner of an MR2 I am confused by my electric aerial and wondered if this is normal........

Turn radio off aerial goes down, think I'm getting the hang of this  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Turn engine off when radio has been switched off first (aerial down), Engine stops, aerial goes up pause 123 aerial goes down again.  s:? :? s:?  

Confused

Snap mine does that too and is a Danish import with a Panasonic Toyota badged stereo.  I'm looking into doing a switch like others owners have but I don't trust my wiring skills!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Comer"
Quote from: "Blackrat"Hi,

Confused

Snap mine does that too and is a Danish import with a Panasonic Toyota badged stereo.  I'm looking into doing a switch like others owners have but I don't trust my wiring skills!
Do you save a lot from importing from Denmark?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Do you save a lot from importing from Denmark?
Initially I was set to save around £3500, in the end (currency conversion changed against my favour) I saved around £2500 - still a good saving, but I had to wait a long time for the car to arrive....

Anonymous

Ok,
For anyone who is having the same problem I have now got an answer. My radio is a Toyota model 08600-00934 with a removeable face plate.

If you press and hold SEL (Select) for 3 seconds it will give you an option to "TURN LED OFF"

If you turn off the LED this means that after the engine is turned off the radio will no longer turn itself on to remind you to remove the faceplate and it also means you dont get the aerial go up and then down again after you have switched off the engine.

The aerial will of course still go up when you turn on the radio and still go down again when you turn off the radio or switch off the engine.

Hope this helps  s:D :D s:D  
Blackrat

Comer

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Do you save a lot from importing from Denmark?
Initially I was set to save around £3500, in the end (currency conversion changed against my favour) I saved around £2500 - still a good saving, but I had to wait a long time for the car to arrive....

Same here unfortunately I didn't take out a forward contract on the currency (to fix the rate) so I saved £2k instead of £3.  Apologies for the thread drift.

I can't remember what my stereo model is but I'm hoping Blackrat's solution works for me too.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Tags: