Engine bay

Started by alancdavis, November 9, 2007, 12:20

alancdavis

I am looking at trying to make the engine bay more interesting from a cosmetic point of view,,,ie   restyle cam cover,,,a few chrome bits and maybe some silicon hoses,,,question is has any one got any pics of there enhancements  ?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Engine bay that is    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

alancdavis

No one   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

I have an unfitted Dev,s valve cover, painted black with one coat of silver lettering, which i have never fitted. Easily resprayed.
I can post a pic if you want.

evileye_wrx

There's a pic of mine in my garage. Sprayed parts courtesy of Nigel   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Nelix got his cool avatar  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Richard is selling a valve cover as is Markiii (think that they are both for sale still!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

broudie

There are at least 2 types of valve cover garnish being sold on Spyderchat.

alancdavis

Pictures would be appreciated   s:D :D s:D

Liz

Alan, if you bother to look on the for sale threads you will find pictures of them - not going to spoon feed you on this!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

ref the cam cover, i've been meaning to get round to doing mine for ages, i did have the thought that if you use the old one , wrap it in cling film and then make a plaster of paris mould, you can then make a fibreglass version and finish it off with a sheet of carbon fibre for effect.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "kanujunkie"ref the cam cover, i've been meaning to get round to doing mine for ages, i did have the thought that if you use the old one , wrap it in cling film and then make a plaster of paris mould, you can then make a fibreglass version and finish it off with a sheet of carbon fibre for effect.

Make me one, Stu

:: drool drool ::   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"ref the cam cover, i've been meaning to get round to doing mine for ages, i did have the thought that if you use the old one , wrap it in cling film and then make a plaster of paris mould, you can then make a fibreglass version and finish it off with a sheet of carbon fibre for effect.
Sounds good to me  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Quote from: "evileye_xc"

Make me one, Stu

:: drool drool ::   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Let me muck up a few design ones over winter first, then perhaps i'll see what they're like to mass produce
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

kanujunkie

similar and no offence to anyone who has one but i personally think the midship runabout bit looks stuck on. I mean this sort of finish

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"similar and no offence to anyone who has one but i personally think the midship runabout bit looks stuck on. I mean this sort of finish

i am currently searching for something of this nature. maybe sliver carbon fiber or perhaps solid billet?

kanujunkie

solid billet wold look good, shame about the weight but would definateley look good, especially if it has some logo milled out on it
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"solid billet wold look good, shame about the weight but would definateley look good, especially if it has some logo milled out on it

i agree!! does anyone know who make these for the 2? what about the size/specs of the piece?

kanujunkie

doubt anyone does, it would need to be billet
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: