H&S Exhaust or Silverstone Performance

Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2007, 11:14

Anonymous

Hi All,
I have had my 2001 standard MR2 for about three months now and love it too bits apart from having a slight hole in the hood. One thing I would like to change is the back box, I'm not bothered about changing the downpipe but would like a dual exit sports exhaust exhaust. I have been lurking on the forum for a bit and have read numerous post's about the different exhaust. Well I would either like a H&S or a Silverstone performance. I have been and had a look at the Silverstone Performance had a Chat with Matt and was very impressed with the quality of the exhaust but sadly did not hear it going.

So if people had the choice which would you get H&S or Silverstone performance  s:?: :?: s:?:  . Price not really and issue but what sort of price did are the H&S ones going for now.

Cheers
Dinc

Liz

I have owned both and currently have the SP one on.  Whats up with SP's car then, its normally lurking around somewhere!

Alot depends on what you team the exhaust up with - I had the H & S along with a de-catted manifold and an A'Pexi intake and it sounded - IMHO awesome..I have the SP exhaust now - but attached to a Turbo which muffles the sound of it - but it does have a nice burble.

I had a Remus (TTE) on beforehand and that was not in the same league as the H & S.

Its all down to opinion and what you feel that you want, none of the combinations I have had on have made the car uncomfortable to live with at speed.

HTH
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

rtbiscuit

i would go for the h&s but i'm biased, i have one.

i prefer the looks of the h&s and the fact that its very adjustable. the tips can be raised and lowered, you have a selection of end pipes (if you go new) they will even design you something completely bespoke if you want to be different. (stu has his tips exiting from the side of the rear bumper.)(don't know if that was h&s)

if i remember rightly they are about £450-£550 new depending on what you get, what tips you choose. second hand you can pick them up for about £350
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"don't know if that was h&s

silencer was stock C2, but the tip and cutting of the bodywork and trim plates were all made by H&S. I wouldn't recomend this though as its a bitch to get right due space and loads put on it, looks great however  s8) 8) s8)  

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... it+exhaust m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

roger

On a NA car in terms of loudness; TTE -> H&S -> SP (going up).

The SP will give some improvement in performance, the H&S maybe just a little, the TTE hardly any at all.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: