Dabeny's MR-S V2 out - Shooting page 3

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2008, 12:27

DannyN

Ben,

Really like what you've done and I'm also very impressed with what your capable of doing.
Only thing I have to add is just IMHO your front is more aggressive than your sides and your rear (if this was in a gay mag it'd earn a fortune!)
I'm sure it will look great at the end just thought I'd tell you what I initially though with your mock ups
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"Ben,

Really like what you've done and I'm also very impressed with what your capable of doing.
Only thing I have to add is just IMHO your front is more aggressive than your sides and your rear (if this was in a gay mag it'd earn a fortune!)
I'm sure it will look great at the end just thought I'd tell you what I initially though with your mock ups

Thank you Danny   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  and for the difference of agressivity I totally agree with you, that's why I modified the sides of the front bumper to smooth it a few more, and why I will use those black ABS grills to make it look like more stock.

I hope it will be enough...

loadswine

Quote from: "DannyN"(if this was in a gay mag it'd earn a fortune!)
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   That has to be the quote of the month. I won't ask how you know that Danny!

Ben, that is brilliant work matey. Looking great. Nice skills.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Some details of my work:

As I said earlier, I had to make custom mounts for the bumper (3 under the radiator and 2 to bolt the fenders liners)

Zoom on the fender liner mount (fitment test, dun worry about the long bolts... :p )

General views:

ex-member

Ben, you're bloody hardcore mate, you really are! The work so far is very impressive (as if I havent said it already!).

Why did you need to do the lower brackets? I havent test fitted the front bumper yet y'see...

Anonymous

The 3 under brackets are great to make the bumper stronger and avoid moves when u drive over 90/100mph it's not absolutely required but it's quick n easy to do them. And if one day u hit a bump or pavement while u r paking ur 2 it won't brake high corners :p

The 2 fender liner brackets are ABSOLUTELY required !! without them u will rub liners on tires over 45 miles (ask Dieamond about it and he's old Trial kit :p )
U absolutly need something to link fenders liners/bottom of the bumper ! U can do it many different ways but u need somthing here.

Work of the afternoon:

-Modified my front coilovers setup (+1cm higher)
-Made the last bracket (bottom left one)
-Some fiberglass to extend the bumper under the headlights (JDL cut the bumper so bad >_< I had 1/4" x 2" holes under headlights cause the bad cut... >_<)
-Drilled all mounting holes (4 under the bonnet, 2 up at the fenders corners be careful with them, u don't have much material here... )
-Painted the inside

Now it's ready for the paint job, maybe this week  s:) :) s:)

I said it before but I have to say it again, those JDL parts are really well designed and not pricey, but damn the quality is really bad, u really have to work hours and hours to make them fit and look good or pay $$$$ at the bodyshop, be careful if u think about those bodykits from JDL

Ben

ex-member

Ok mate....good info...not quite following what/where the fender mounts are though!

Anonymous

One more "detail" done, the 2003+ plate mount on:

All is done now, I m going to the bodyshop for the paint TMR...

Anonymous

Here we go...

I finnished last night (grills, number plate, JSpec emblem and mounting...)

s;) ;) s;)

ex-member

Hey hey! thats looks ace!  s:D :D s:D

ad_car_08

Quote from: "dabeny"And at last my center console (real CF too now) :

Ben

Wow, I REALLY like that centre console!!

Would you consider writing a "how to" or at least the general technique you used to create such results?
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Anonymous

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Ilogik

lovely car mate, i didn't realise the JDL front sat so flat.

How you finding it and which did you prefer the top secret of the JDL now the work is complete?

Car looks real nice 10/10 for the work.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"lovely car mate, i didn't realise the JDL front sat so flat.

How you finding it and which did you prefer the top secret of the JDL now the work is complete?

Car looks real nice 10/10 for the work.

Thank you mate   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Now how do I find that JDL....
It's ricer than my old TS for sure, but with the other TRC parts it's looking good. My TS was more "stock look" but the JDL with those ABS grills still good.
Now about the bumper itself, fitment isn't so bad but the fiber quality is definitively CRAP !!! I won't buy anything else from JDL that's sure !!!

My TopSecret was around twice the JDL price  but it was cheap regarding the absolutely perfect quality ! I saw a Trial kit for real too and it was perfect too !
If u compare TRC and JDL (around same prices for parts) TRC quality  is really really better, my side steps was nearly perfect, and my rear just needed minor work.

One more thing about the look of my 2 with that JDL front, dunno why, maybe cause the "flat effect" as u said, but I never found my 2 so "beautiful" topless   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  it looks better with the JDL front than with the TS when the top is down. Strange...

Ilogik

that back bumper is so damn nice, id deffo have one of those if i didnt have the full trial kit and a single exit exhaust.

Id want to paint the center section black though, makes the back end look so damn aggressive lol. How strong is that cf stuff you bought, thinking of getting some to put ont he underside of my trial bumper.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

ex-member

all is looking spot on now mate! Very nice indeed!

Anonymous

I didn't realised I never told you I changed my car....

I sold my MR-S on june and bought this on july:

Honda S2000 AP1 New Formula RED
-18" OZ Record
-K&N FIPK intake
-H&R springs
-Air Walker front lip / side skirts / Spoiler
-Front STB
-EBC Yellow pads

uktotty

Strange how the bodykit can enhance the mr2 no end yet ruin the lines of the s2k!

SimonC_Here

What's this strange thing?

s:) :) s:)

Simon

uktotty

That allows the bodies in the boot to plug their iPods in

aaronjb

Very nice Ben.. you have me looking at S2000's, now  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  aaron !

It's a very nice car, really. The biggest improvment compared to the MRS is the interrior quality, dashboard plastic, doors panels, leather, seats... U really feel u drive a 40k € car :p
Then u have a real luggage !! (even if u decide to put a subwoofer in it ! lol)
And finally the power... My cars (MRS or S2000) are my daily cars and the S2000 is really perfect for that, with his "2 faces" engine, under 6k rpm it's a good car, and over it's an awesome car  s;) ;) s;)

I'm lovin it !

Ben

Tags: