Kit spotted on ebay, anyone got one?

Started by Anonymous, March 9, 2008, 18:21

onion86

Quote from: "princegary"my 2 cents on the black car with the kit - change the wheels.  Different wheels, possibly bigger or lighter colour would make the kit stand out more and totally change the appearance - Shoes make the man!

Can't fault the wheels, but then I might be slightly biased  s:) :) s:)

Love the yellow callipers. I still don't know what colour to do mine. They're black at the moment but I want to match them to the interior, trouble's new interior got me thinking I want to spruse mine up a bit too, also match them to the new LEDs I decide to put in the dash  s:D :D s:D

I do like my quote "stealth black look" though.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Ilogik

Problem with black it looks great clean but you can't see small details in the bodywork as well. It probably looks 100% better in the flesh. I like the rear and sides but not 100% in the front, it looks like the nosecone sits really short. The other good thing about having it in silver, you can paint the middle section of the rear bumper black.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

chalced

And the winning colur is..................

Burgundy Red

(After my favourite wine...lol)

The piccys are straight from getting it from the garage. It still needs a good clean, but was advised not to do anything for a week to let it 'settle'.

I will take a few better photys in a better setting next weekend.

As for the kit.....Well the chap at the bodyshop didnt like fitting it one bit. Said it wasnt very well made, the fibreglass needed an awful lot of work to get it to fit the vehicle and generally not a very good kit (from a fitters point of view) at all!!
Still, I am very pleased with the results.

Anonymous

That colour is absolutely beautiful, nice one  s8) 8) s8)

Please don't tell me that's blue mesh in the back though? Looks awful!

*EDIT* I guess it is as the calipers are the same colour. Sorry, but they clash something horrid and ruin what is such a truly great colour. IMHO, obviously.  s;) ;) s;)

Liz

+1 what Dan said, I always said that it would look good in Burgundy (remember to update your V5) and I was right,  stonkingly good colour!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Andy_Foz

Nice colour. What is it? I painted my old wide arched RX7 in a very similar Mitsubishi colour. Looks nice! Not sure on the mesh, just needs a few finishing touches, but Im sure you will get round to them. Oh, and new wheels!

Andy

chalced

The colour is an Opel dark red...not sure of the RAL number, but will post it later for those interested.
The blue mesh (yes it is Dan) actually looks a lot better in real life. The photo's dont really do it justice. Its also on the front, but you cant see it on those pics.
Calipers will be re-painted different colour when I have time.
Personally I quite like the wheels!
There are a few 'tweeks' that still need to be done to parts of the car in order to get it looking just as I want, but they will have to wait till I have more time.
Gonna think about engine tweeks for next year. Maybe re-bore and new cams but dont really know enough about engines to see what gains can be made going this route instead of going the turbo/supercharger route (which seems a bit expensive for the gains!).
Glad you all like the colour...It has turned out much better than I had hoped.

Mel.

northernalex

Found another pic of the new colour  s:) :) s:)

evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

chalced

Hey......I've got a double........  s:? :? s:?    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

chalced

Heres a coupla more photys from todays show.....
After polishing the car have found a few problems with the respray that I never noticed before....So back to the bodyshop next week...    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Anonymous

Wow, that last photo looks amazing !!!

I'm going to post some photos soon with mine fitted.

uktotty

Great colour mate, not sure about the old intakes, even as an owner with diff coloured intakes!
So what issues are you facing with the paint job??

Anonymous

onion86

Quote from: "chalced"Heres a coupla more photys from todays show.....
After polishing the car have found a few problems with the respray that I never noticed before....So back to the bodyshop next week...    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I like very much, great colour. Def could do with some burgandy facelift side vents though. Front's still too flat for my liking, but that's just the 2 for you, I'm starting to get used to it.

The first photo looks like you're engine cover is twice the length with the spoiler.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

chalced

Hi guys....back from overseas for a while again...

Garage is playing up over the issues.....didnt take the devs key inserts out when respraying (so bit of blue behind). Didnt do inside of petrol flap. Slight (but noticeable) difference in colour on kit to rest of bodywork. Missed a bit on the inside of the doors. Plus a few other minor things.
Looks like I am going to have to go the legal route to get it sorted as they dont want to know now!

Clearance is very low I have to  sloooowww right down for speed humps and have clipped one already, and the cars standard height!

Might look at silver facelift vents instead of those pre ones....thoughts???

Mel.

heathstimpson

Unfortunately Mel you always get a slight difference in colour between the metal panels and plastic bumpers etc because of the difference finishes achieved on different materials.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

custardavenger

Darn. I finally find a kit I like and it seems everyone and his dogs getting one. It's my own fault, I should stick to performance.

Love the look of the kit. Had an idea to change the rear end. Look forward to seeing it in the paint.

BTW I e-mailed JDL as the full kit pictured says it does not come with the Diffuser it is pictured with but they don't sell it as a seperate item.
They said that if you buy the full kit they will supply it FREE. Have lost the e-mail though as it was in my junk folder. Oops
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

uktotty

Rob

I thought someone had bought this kit before, when you text me, but its still a cool kit, just not sure about the arse end.
So did you buy it then?

custardavenger

No gonna stick to the original plan for the moment. Will wait till I see one for real. I don't like the rear end as they sell it but me being me I have a plan to modify it. lol. Would be a big thing to fit it though as would want to get a full respray, new headlights, big spoiler and some better wheels. Also maybe my original exhaust idea might resurface.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Tags: