Kit spotted on ebay, anyone got one?

Started by Anonymous, March 9, 2008, 18:21

aaronjb

I'd probably go for the kit without the spoiler (already have the ducktail one to go on).

I really need to find out if I can spray  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

loadswine

That front bumper looks great but will collide with so may things at that clearance above thee ground. I know, as mine is similar in that respect and its often taking hits from the ground. Level crossings, (hardly ever level)  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  can cause grief particularly.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Jaik

I think the half-decent photography and paint job helps it to look good. The front and sides I could take or leave, but that rear would look more at home on a Corsa in a McDonald's carpark IMHO.

Anonymous

Don't the low slung bodykits on the front, sides and rear catch on speedbumps?

From personal experience, i've seen Impreza's tackle speedbumps at the appropriate speed 10-15MPH and still lose their bodykit or at least scratch or crush it, likewise with a few of those Chav-mobiles.  What's the difference with the MR2 kits ?   s:? :? s:?

philster_d

Aaron you could go down on mine some time if you like. I have the little pot of the black paint for touch up from the bodyshop.   s8) 8) s8)  

/Phillly

Anonymous

hi a cracking spoiler for the roadster is the trd vm180 which i got from japan i will post a pic as soon as
 comes in at £624.00 but well worth it
 regards
and1

Anonymous

Quote from: "AND1 DUFF"comes in at £624.00 but well worth it

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

NorthandSouth

How much???????   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

Anonymous

This it?

If it is i hope you have a hardtop Andi, will look silly without it imho.

carl_evs

I don't actually think the rear is too bad....only thing that lets it down for me are the vents behind the rear arches. Otherwise I don´t think it is too bad..the spoiler would be ok if it didnt hang as far back - sadly its like an ironing board at that length!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

TJK

Quote from: "nelix"This it?

If it is i hope you have a hardtop Andi, will look silly without it imho.

[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

evileye_wrx

£624 is really good for a genuine TRD spoiler. I was looking for one a while back and they are rare as hen's teeth and those I found were more expensive than that. I even nearly bought a whole car just to take the spoiler off then sell the car.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"£624 is really good for a genuine TRD spoiler. I was looking for one a while back and they are rare as hen's teeth and those I found were more expensive than that. I even nearly bought a whole car just to take the spoiler off then sell the car.

That sort of money gets you a hardtop with fitting kit, total no brainer.

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "nelix"That sort of money gets you a hardtop with fitting kit, total no brainer.

Yup, I bought a turbo, total no brainer.

Just to keep it on topic I nearly bought that ebay kit today but there's a few other bits and bobs I need to sort out first before going for something like that. I did order some AEM gauges from the States instead tho.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Steven Velocity

I emailed JDL yesterday about this kit and although there site stated a 2 hour turnaround time on replies I've heard nothing from them. I tried again today...  s:? :? s:?
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

spit

Steve - how's your German? You might want to try these guys to see if they have stock - they claim to have "15 available": Clicky £568 delivered.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

enid_b

i would like the plate, its my initials !!!!!
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

damonlaw88

Quote from: "enid_b"i would like the plate, its my initials !!!!!

Hehehe same here dude.
2004 Black MR2 Roadster - 17" Advans RG White - Tein S Tech Springs - Trials Front bumper and Side skirts - Custom Black Headlight - Hardtop - GReddy Pillar Pod - Defi Oil Temp - Defi Oil Pressure - Defi control Link - Alpine CVA1004R - Centurion Multiregion DVD player - Acoustics Solution custom sub box - Alpine 10" type S - Alpine sat nav - Red caliper - CHE Manifold

heathstimpson

Quote from: "damonlaw88"
Quote from: "enid_b"i would like the plate, its my initials !!!!!

Hehehe same here dude.
Twins  s8) 8) s8)    s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Steven Velocity"

I emailed JDL yesterday about this kit and although there site stated a 2 hour turnaround time on replies I've heard nothing from them. I tried again today...  s:? :? s:?
Oooooh I like that  s8) 8) s8)

edward.carter

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Steven Velocity"

Oooooh I like that  s8) 8) s8)
I do like that aswell, even the spoiler looks ok from that angle! Still dont like the spoiler from the back, i think the"trd vm180 big sticky up spoiler" (technical term!:)) would look good!

spit

The rear view of the bumper doesn't do anything for me at all. Looks like the designer started from the front and then had an attack of narcolepsy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I like the kit as a whole, but as I stated earlier, won't speedbumps be a major problem?

spit

Quote from: "GroundZero"I like the kit as a whole, but as I stated earlier, won't speedbumps be a major problem?

Judging by the pics, almost certainly ... but at least you'll live up to your username!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "spit"The rear view of the bumper doesn't do anything for me at all. Looks like the designer started from the front and then had an attack of narcolepsy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I agree love the front and sideskirts but not totally convinced on the rear  s:? :? s:?

Tags: