Kit spotted on ebay, anyone got one?

Started by Anonymous, March 9, 2008, 18:21

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "GroundZero"I like the kit as a whole, but as I stated earlier, won't speedbumps be a major problem?

The car in the pics is lowered 55mm AND has a carbon front splitter on. On most cars the kit isn't going to be that close to the ground and all the speedbumps.

Look, I'm convincing myself to buy this kit...Nooooooooo!
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

aaronjb

Damn, I thought the black front splitter part was part of the kit..

I actually really quite like it - including the rear bumper.

Must be the inner chav in me trying to get out.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

ash1809

Love the kit, are we doing a GB ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "GroundZero"I like the kit as a whole, but as I stated earlier, won't speedbumps be a major problem?

Judging by the pics, almost certainly ... but at least you'll live up to your username!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

More like GroundThumper, either the Kit falling off after going over the mountain range of speedbumps around here, or me punching the floor shortly after losing my front end.

Steven Velocity

Quote from: "spit"Steve - how's your German? You might want to try these guys to see if they have stock - they claim to have "15 available": Clicky £568 delivered.

Hiya Ste,  apparently they have a vendor here in Manchester:

Imexdesigns
10 RIDGMONT DRIVE
M28 1JN, BOOTHSTOWN, MANCHESTER
Tel: 01613570127
E-mail:  e http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk m

Looks like I've got a call and possibly a trip to make...
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

spit

Quote from: "Steven Velocity"Looks like I've got a call and possibly a trip to make...

Ooooooh   s:P :P s:P   let me know Steve: you may need company   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

off-topic PS. A letter arrived for you this week. I'll post it on.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

DannyN

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "Steven Velocity"Looks like I've got a call and possibly a trip to make...

Ooooooh   s:P :P s:P   let me know Steve: you may need company   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Give me a shout I'll come too, its only 2 minutes away
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Wonder if they paint and fit?

ash1809

has anyone bought that kit or thinking of getting it?

spit

I spoke with SteveVelocity today who is making enquiries with the local supplier and may have some interest over in the States.

Of course, it'd be great if someone like Steve is able to go check out the kit for quality of production and fit etc... it may be a complete dog.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

ash1809

Yeah it would be good if someone could check it out ... I emailed JDL, they said it's just a case of painting and fitting but somehow I dont think it is

Steven Velocity

I talked to the Rep from Imexdesigns and he says that since this kit is still rather new he does not stock it yet. Regarding the fitment and quality of TDL kits in general he said he's sold kits for Vauxhall, Subaru, other Toyotas etc, and has not recieved a complaint about front or rear bumper fitment or quality. Sideskirts and lip kits, however, have had fitment issues. Not major issues, but he has had complaints. As far as my research goes, I don't think there is a Spyder kit in England yet. Any members on here in Poland, Germany, or Malta care to go have a look at one?

If I can work out a good deal on shipping I may guinea pig my Spyder for a test fit.

Steve
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

Anonymous

For god's sake.

That kit is really growing on me now - i'm going to rattle off some questions to JDL and see what he says.

Anonymous

JDL got back in touch...

------------------

Hi,

I will try to do my best with all your quesition.

1. 185x35x50 [ cm ]

2. I can say only if car is extremaly lowered. There is 12 cm clearence  between  diffuser  and ground. If car is not lowered, there is still huge clearence. No worries with speed bumps

3. No, we sell only unpainted.

4. Quite easy to fit. We have a few customers who  never fitted bodykit before, and they have already fitted. However basic skills of fitter are required

5. Bodykit comes insured for full amount. If something comes broken, replecement is sent within 2 working days since customer report.
Regarding fitting. This bodykit was fitted by a few customers before, so we are 100% sure everything fit properly. We sent 10 days ago this bodykit to TUV engineers. It is already approved and tested - construction, quality and fitting. Certificate will be sent to us within couple of weeks. It is best recommendation.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Daniel

JDL

QuoteHi there,

I am interested in the eBay Toyota MR2 Bodykit which you sell/supply.
    I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering, i'd be most appreciative.

1. If at all possible, could you supply me the dimensions in cm or mm of the front bumper?

2. What is the ground clearance between the front bumper and the ground on a standard MR2 (not lowered suspension)?

3. Is it possible for you to spray the bodykit before sending it?

4. Is it simple to fit?

5. What sort of guarantee do you supply (if the kit is damaged during transit, or won't fit on the car due to a poor cast etc)?

Many thanks,

Matt Hunter

Liz

Those are obviously not stock wheels - any guesses what that car has on it - probably got wrong sized tyres on though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   - imagine the kit with a set of stockers - would look poo - especially if not lowered - so you would have to add that into the cost.

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

I like the kit at the front but hate that Corsa spoiler with a passion.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Liz"Those are obviously not stock wheels - any guesses what that car has on it - probably got wrong sized tyres on though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   - imagine the kit with a set of stockers - would look poo - especially if not lowered - so you would have to add that into the cost.

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

I like the kit at the front but hate that Corsa spoiler with a passion.

I think the Ebay advert said 17" MIM wheels and lowered 55mm on Tein springs. But if you've already got 17's....
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

chalced

Well I just had a 'best offer' accepted on this kit ,but am working away for the next several weeks so wont have the chance to fit it for a while!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Gonna go for the GT spoiler too....even though most of you here dont like it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Will let you know how it all goes later on!    s:!: :!: s:!:

Steven Velocity

Quote from: "chalced"Well I just had a 'best offer' accepted on this kit ,but am working away for the next several weeks so wont have the chance to fit it for a while!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Gonna go for the GT spoiler too....even though most of you here dont like it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Will let you know how it all goes later on!    s:!: :!: s:!:

Sweet! I'm really looking forward to your write up.

Anonymous

Any progress?

Did anyone buy this kit or part of it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "ash1809"Love the kit, are we doing a GB ?

lol - didnt you get your Toyota GB one fitted yet !!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

ash1809

hey yeah I got it fitted haven't been one here for a while wife had a baby etc, still keeping the 2 but I fancy a change of bodykit   s:D :D s:D

Steven Velocity

+1

any updates on fitment? has anyone actually seen this kit in person yet?

Anonymous

Just a note to let you know, that i've tried to come in contact with JDL and i got a reply.

I tried 3 times and got 3 replies very very fast.
Seems they have an excellent service.

Anonymous

Yes they do - If all goes well with my vents as I stated above (and of course with you guys) i'll be looking at continuing to upgrade with his kits.

Anonymous

Any progress GrounZero ?

Tags: