Kit spotted on ebay, anyone got one?

Started by Anonymous, March 9, 2008, 18:21

Anonymous

Nothing received yet - i'll drop them an email.

Anonymous

Side Vents delivered today via UPS - well packed and good condition considering their long-haul flight  s;) ;) s;)

Just need them sprayed up now!

By the way, I can't fault JDL.

Anonymous

Now install and take some good photos here!!!

Perfect JDL, now I'll order my side skirts (:

Thanks for dropping some feedback.

Anonymous

Hold up, after my brief check of them yesterday I took them out to my car today, and noticed that the FRP has bubbled (read: weakened) and has also cracked.  Further to this, the vents are asymmetrical and I don't believe they actually fit in the vent spacing at all.

The plastic coating is chipped and has a poor finish.

Sorry about the delay in posting this, but I didn't have time to check them over yesterday after my initial euphoria.

I've asked them for a full refund, so i'll see how it goes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GroundZero"Hold up, after my brief check of them yesterday I took them out to my car today, and noticed that the FRP has bubbled (read: weakened) and has also cracked.  Further to this, the vents are asymmetrical and I don't believe they actually fit in the vent spacing at all.

The plastic coating is chipped and has a poor finish.

Sorry about the delay in posting this, but I didn't have time to check them over yesterday after my initial euphoria.

I've asked them for a full refund, so i'll see how it goes.

Not good, I had high hopes for this kit as it was so affordable maybe that's part of the problem.

Oh well the hunt continues.................back to the DAMD kit then.

Anonymous

It is a shame, i'm sure it's hard looking for a living in Poland and they probably are produced the best that they can feasibly manage, but unfortunately its not upto our factory process standards.

He offered me a replacement set to be sent out, but frankly, i'd much prefer the refund - he hasn't replied after I rejected his replacement offer.

Anonymous

Poor quality.

Thanks for letting us know!!

Keep us informed of progress mate.
I hope you get your refund.

Anonymous

Cheers - i'll take some pictures tomorrow just to highlight some of the problems in the end product.

Steven Velocity

Quote from: "chalced"Well I just had a 'best offer' accepted on this kit ,but am working away for the next several weeks so wont have the chance to fit it for a while!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Gonna go for the GT spoiler too....even though most of you here dont like it   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Will let you know how it all goes later on!    s:!: :!: s:!:

Chalced, have you received and or fitted the kit yet?
We've already got a -1 for fit and finish from Ground Zero on there side vents. Hopefully the bumpers/skirts are better..
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

Anonymous

I was reading the feedback JDL had on Ebay.

There were some ebayers that claimed that the products the bought were not ready to fit and they needed trimming etc.

Someone else claimed, that when he went to the body shop to have the product painted, the body shop refused to paint it cause of the extreme poor quality.

So I guess the quality standard of JDL are lower than what we are used to.
But to be honest, I love this kit and even more the price of it!

I dont want something though that can crack in a week time on the first bumper.

Anonymous

I received a response today saying only 'OK no probs' to my request to return it for a refund.

I had to tell a white lie to get a response, by saying that i'd consider purchasing their bodykit later on if they handled this correctly.

Now we get to see how honest they are... International Signed For.

chalced

The kit arrived a while back, but I have been working in Africa for the past few weeks so havent had a chance to give it a proper lookin over. At a quick glance it doesnt seem too bad, but will probablyneed a litle 'finishing' off in places, but a decent bodyshop/paint shop should have no probs in that. I will take some photys over the weekend showing how it is before spraying (god knows when I'll get time to sort that tho...lol).
It was supposed to come with the grill meshing, but that doesnt seem to be here, but as I wanted to put my own blue mesh on I'm not that bothered about it...but beware if you need it!!

Mel.

chalced

ok...heres a few pics of the 'raw' kit....

First the 'dreaded' GT spoiler   lol

front bumper

rear bumper

sides

inside makeup

bit of minor damage

fixing points all need drilling out

Will be at least a week or 2 till I can get it into a bodyshop for painting and fitting, but will keep you all posted on the outcome..

Mel.

northernalex

Actually doesnt look too bad at all.. the little bits you show should be a pretty easy fix for a bodyshop  s:) :) s:)

Cant wait to see what it all looks like when its finished.

Best,

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

I ordered my kit last week so hopefully it will arrive soon. Hopefully i'll finish repainting the kit thats been sitting on my skyline before it arrives otherwise i'll get side tracked...again....

thb, it looks like a pretty good kit, prob only a slight amount of trimming as with most aftermarket kits, but construction and quality from those pics looks good to me.

Anonymous

Just an update : recieved the kit and have inspected all the parts. everything comes in shiny gelcoar so is quite hard to see any imperfections. The side skirts and rear bumper are near perfect as far as surface is concerned - just rough down and primer and ya ready to paint. The front bumper however was totally different. there were pits and large smooth craters on the top edge in the middle. very hard to see but I could just about see it. on inspection there were several more areas which all in all took me about a day (between other chores) to prime/fill/sand/fill....etc... until I was happy that it was not smooth, and correctly contoured. I'm unsure how they could have manufactured the front so poorly tbh, but for me it's not too much of a problem. but be aware with the quality of the product...careful prep is essential!

Anonymous

Do the JDL side skirts go lower than the boot of the car?
In other words, will MRT be able to put the car on the wrecker ?

Does anyone know ?

Anonymous

I haven't properly lined the skirts up yet as the original skirts prevent setting them in place but they dont appear to be much lower than the original skirts.

Anonymous

I ordered and received the side skirts.

Bad things first!
I have not installed them yet, because it's not easy for DIY.
The reason is that is need proffesional painting, as the surface has a lot of dumps.
Therefore it needs stucco and then painting.

It will not fit either on the car, it has some slots that do not look good.
You also have to make all holes/drill.
Therefore a proffesional is the best to install them.

Finally, the quality of them is very medium.
Ok it's not the worst, but some proffesional I had them shown, told me that there is no elasticity at all, and very easy they will get cracked.

Good news now!
Cheap compared to other kits
VERY VERY beatifull, it is really much more beautifull than photos.
JDL seems a reliable e-shop, as everything on the procedure was perfect.
The side skirts, do not go lower than the car, therefore is it difficult to get them cracked. I'll know for sure when installed though!

chalced

OK...Back in the country now, so getting the kit and spoiler fitted next week.
Theres a very good bodyshop down the road from me who said they would spray and fit the kit to a 'show' standard for £700 or just a standard fitting for £600.
Of course i'm going for the show standard even tho I think the price is a little steep, but I dont mind paying for good workmanship.
They reckon it will take about 1 week to fit and spray as they fit the kit and prep it on the car, then take it off to spray, then re-fit and finish off.
I will post up some piccys when all finished (I'm hoping it will be ready for the Santa Pod show on the 2/3rd August).

Cheers,
Mel

Anonymous

I'll fit mine after August holidays, because I'm going to an Island and it's 100% i'll get it cracked with their roads!

chalced

OK...Dropped the car off yesterday for fitting. Thought I would just 'inquire' as to how much a full respray would be as I have a few sone chips and.......
For the princely sum of £1600.00 I am now having the bodykit and spoiler fitted and a full respray to another colour.    s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  ...I'll keep you all guessing as to the colour till I get it back in a couple of weeks (and no...its not pink!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) ....Pics will follow when I get back from yet another business trip abroad.

Mel.

Anonymous

That is expensive for a few stone chips.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "chalced"I'll keep you all guessing as to the colour till I get it back in a couple of weeks (and no...its not pink!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Mel.

Is it pink?   s:P :P s:P  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

chalced

If it was just the stone chips then I guess it would be expensive, but I fancied a change of colour to something that no-one else has (I think).
And Phil.... Everyone knows that the colour Pink is reserved for that must have accessory that no roadster would be complete without......The fluffy dice around the rear view mirror...  s:P :P s:P      s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Tags: