damn aerial

Started by Anonymous, March 20, 2008, 23:28

Barney Bear

Hi Smithy

I Took the rear wheel arch cover off and unpluged the aerial , took about 20mins not far from you if you want a hand
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Anonymous

You can shorten the standard ariel by getting to the motor from the wheel arch taking the motor apart to get to plastic teeth of the mast, you cut the teeth down and melt the end into a small blob and put it back together.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Barney Bear"Hi Smithy

I Took the rear wheel arch cover off and unpluged the aerial , took about 20mins not far from you if you want a hand

hi barney bear,

thanks for your reply and offer of a hand, i would of defo been taking you up on that offer had i not just moved to manchester and also cut off the aerial with plyers a few months ago!! crazy i know but thats me!! if i come back down that way and get a replacement, i will be calling on you for help   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

A new mast from MrT is about £40,if you decide to replace it i could give you a hand i live close to manchester.

Anonymous

Quote from: "life of bryan"A new mast from MrT is about £40,if you decide to replace it i could give you a hand i live close to manchester.

oh brilliant, thanks   s:D :D s:D  

do you know how to fit the stubby one??

Anonymous

Will figure it out no problem,I have a tooled up garage to make life easy.

roger

Instructions are on Spyderchat.

A word of warning though, reception outside towns is not good with the short one, so if you use your radio a lot you will be disappointed. Something to do with differences between US & UK transmissions I think somebody said.

I replaced it in the end with MrT manual wippy black.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

ahh im glad i found this post, sorry to bring up an old one guys and girls but i would really love some advice!!
i have just recieved the Lord Takuban stubby and conversion kit and the local garage are quoting £80  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  to fit it!
im going to have a go at the weekend is it just a case of wheel arch off old aerial out new aerial in or does it invove taking out my head unit and tampering with various bits and bobs?? any help would be greatly appreciated  s:D :D s:D  
Dann

roger

There was a HOW TO on LT's thread on Spyderchat, I'm surprised he didn't put it in the kit. Have a search.

Basically, you don't need to take all the wheel arch off, just the clips on RHS and bend it back. You will also have to take the driver's side cubby apart to get the wire back into the car and fixed. Just remember how you dismantled it, and fit is reverse.

Nothing to do at the HU end at all.

<edit> Sorry, just seen you are a newbie. Welcome to the fold!

<edit again> Found it.... http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27807
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Roger thanks very much that post will be my guideline for installation.. il have a crack at the weekend and post some pictures up! As for the warm welcome thanks again!!   s:D :D s:D  
Dann

wbarrwebster

Another essex 2.................Jeez, soon be more Roadsters than Fords  lol

Where abouts are you in Essex Dann?

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

Ha i did notice quite a few essex locations! i bought mine about 6 months ago and the amount of acknowledgement you get from other roadster drivers is crazy! im in Brentwood, how about yourself??

wbarrwebster

We is in South Woodham.....I live in the tent by the A130........lol

There is Norman off the 127, Amy in Chelms....not forgetting Turbo Liz ......and God knows how many others, you could check them  out a lot of them on 4th July......... see Events

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

4th of July im at 02 wireless festival, are these meets often? next time il make sure im there!!
Dann

Anonymous

Managed to fit the Lord Takuban stubby on Sunday was relatively easy but the instructions had a few parts that wernt essential, you only have to take off the front half of the wheel arch to access the aerial... and no need what so ever to take the seats out  s:? :? s:?  ? aslong as you move it forward, you have plenty of room to remove the cabins behind! Looks alot neater, but as predicted the signal is not great so CD's from now on!
Dann

frogger

Quote from: "aaronjb"All UK Roadsters came with the electric aerial, so you'll need the full kit - which includes the "fixed" base that the stubby antenna attaches to.

I should point out that the fixed base does have a Toyota part number, so it is available from UK Toyota dealers as well

Thought I would drag up a 2yr old thread rather than start a new one!

So, does any one know the Toyota part number for the fixed base that a generic stubby could be screwed into?

I know the issues with reception, and I have a cunning plan which I will write up when tested - just need a good base to fill the hole...

Jepson246

Pulling up an old thread here, but some people have mention a how to thread on rewiring the electric aerial to the passenger window switch

"you could always rewire the passenger window disable switch to be one that controls the aerial"

I need to do this (once I have got my motor sorted (apparently the clutch is slipping on it) I have no idea what to do about that yet  s:P :P s:P  but would like to rewire the aerial to the switch after I have sorted the motor. Could someone please direct me to this how to thread???

Cheers  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

Jepson246

Haha ok after going back after posting that comment I saw it staring me straight in the face  s:P :P s:P
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

Tags: