Interior Light

Started by Anonymous, January 7, 2004, 16:24

Anonymous

My first new-subject post, don't be too hard!

Interior light, or rather lack thereof.  
The standard provision of one dim bulb above the rear view mirror really is apalling.  Has anyone done anything about this?  I realise it can't be all that tricky but it's good to learn from others' experiences!

Thanks
Andy

Anonymous

Funny you should post that, I thought the same thing the other day.

I reckon its not the bulb, but that stupid smoked plastic cover.

Welcome by the way - a good first post (except the spelling on the subject   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Tem

We have an interior light?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Never really noticed...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

SimonC_Here

In your best Mulder voice.

"it's in there, somewhere"

Your right, it is a touch dark. It must just clip on and off though otherwise you can't change the bulb. Anyone fancy taking it off to see how bright the bulb is without the cover?

Simon

aaronjb

Have you noticed that it's actually brighter if you turn it on manually with the switch compared to when it's door activated?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Slacey

It is actually VERY bright without the cover. One of the guys on SC was looking into having clear covers made, but it never got off the ground, Buster and myself were chasing this  s:( :( s:(
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Well I think we have a group buy interest then.  The smoked glass to be honest is really crap!...and yes, you probably have it on, but never noticed.

kanujunkie

count me in if one goes ahead!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"It is actually VERY bright without the cover. One of the guys on SC was looking into having clear covers made, but it never got off the ground, Buster and myself were chasing this  s:( :( s:(

Maybe there is one that fits from another model? Never considered it before. If a GB starts I would also be interested.

MRMike

I quite like my dim light..especially with my red interior its like a boudoir, plus its a more forgiving light when any lady steps in, after seeing my beautiful car I don't want to scare anyone off with a searchlight on my mug!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

It is pretty crappy though, i'd be in.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tem

I was just playing a bit with it...I guess it's been there all the time. Just too dim to really notice it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

It's very bright without the cover...so a clear one might be all that's needed. I wonder if it would be possible to use some sanding or solvent to get rid of the Dimmy Borgir...part  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"I quite like my dim light..especially with my red interior its like a boudoir, plus its a more forgiving light when any lady steps in, after seeing my beautiful car I don't want to scare anyone off with a searchlight on my mug!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

It is pretty crappy though, i'd be in.
You poser Mike  s8) 8) s8)  

I'd be interested in a clear one too...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Seeing as there is a fair amount of interest, I'll have a dig around on this one and see if I can get something going.

Anonymous

Had a quick look on the net, notthing doing.  I am off to Mr T on monday anyway, may have a ganda at all the other cars and see if one fits (doubt it though).

May be back to having to find a plastic man and getting one duplicated in clear.

Anonymous

Anything comes up, I would be in......  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

I've started making my enquiries, so watch this space...

SimonC_Here

See Andy, First post and you have started interest in a group buy!

Nice one   s:D :D s:D  

I would also just like to register my interest.

Simon

Anonymous

Interest here too.  Cheers Slacey.

kanujunkie

has anyone had a look at the makeup of it, is it smoked plastic or is it sprayed on the inside? would look at mine but its in the paint shop! what i was wondering was if its sprayed, can it be removed?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Count me in too......I'm sick of groping around in the dark!

Slacey, you are a star!!!

Andrew

Slacey

Quote from: "kanujunkie"has anyone had a look at the makeup of it, is it smoked plastic or is it sprayed on the inside?
I've had mine aprt before Stu, it is indeed smoked.

MRMike

Just had a thought the light cover looks from memory very similar to the one in a carina, and I'm sure the Carina one was lighter.  I'll check tonight as i'm going to see my girlfriend (Who is not  a carina i might add she just has one)  s:) :) s:)
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Hey,  I  like this!

No, I haven't noticed that it's brighter if you switch it on rather than open the door.

I'd also be very interesed in a GB for a clear cover.  My wife says she can't find her handbag in the passenger footwell if she parks in the dark.  I tell her she can take the Mondeo instead if she wants, but she still wants the MR2 for some reason!

Thanks for all the responses,
Andy

Anonymous

Trouble is, its so flipping dark I cant find the switch anyway!

MRMike

Nope the Carina one is not the same! Could have been a quickfire answer, sorry guys you'll have to look elsewhere!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: