Top recommended Radio/CD/DVD Unit?

Started by Anonymous, May 12, 2008, 20:29

Anonymous

Hi folks,

I was wondering if you could drop me some recommendations for the in-car audio systems you use or have used, or seen/heard be used that are compatible with the MR2.

My extended warranty doesn't cover my intermittant stock audio unit and i'm not prepared to send it off for a month to get it repaired when I could quite easily purchase one for a little more cash and have music the very same day.

Also, recommendations for Subs/Bass and Tweeters are welcome too!

Cheers.

enid_b

zero,  it obviously depends on what you want it to do, and how much you are willing to pay.

that said,

i got an alpine HU which hooks up my ipod and i have full control over it from the HU. sounds the canine danglies. about 165 on ebay (new- bnib)

if i were a little more flush i would get an amp too, but my hearing isnt that bad yet.

edit: just spotted the second part of your question, they are all compatible, but you will need an ISO adaptor and also a single din conversion kit available at lots of places, but i recommend our very own matt. very cheap and good service too.  the ISO adaptor lets you plug in a standard stereo to the toyota wiring loom, and the single din changes the double spaced hole where your current HU is into a single stereo and a nice little shelf for your cigs, shades, deck of cards etc

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

I quite like the gadgets of this model clicky

But i'm seriously not liking the price.  Ultimately, i'm after a unit that will play recorded CDs/DVDs (homegrown  s;) ;) s;) ) and also have the flexibility to hook up to an iPod and give top quality sound.

Being a bit of an audiophile, I love my music, and always go for the best gear  where possible for the best treble and bass combinations.

uktotty

Tags: