03 SIDE VENTS

Started by Anonymous, January 12, 2004, 11:51

aaronjb

Do you think we should all pay Sean an extra fiver if he does this...

So that he can afford a new gearknob  s;) ;) s;)  Or maybe therapy for his MX-5 thoughts....

Sorry Sean, just couldn't resist!

Looks like it could end up quite a big GB though..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

Sean,

I'd also try steve Ganz at Carson.

Shipping from the US is usually cheaper than Japan (no idea why) and with a 1.85 exchange rate at the moment it could be a steal.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Thanks Mark, I'll PM / mail him now.

Oh, and your all welcome to pay me £5 extra, Aaron can donate £20 - I promise to spend it on sane things  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

SimonC_Here

I would love 03 vents but not too sure what colour would look good.
I think metalic black wouldn't look right and I am not sure how a resprayed green would look. (plus the extra expense of course).

Anyone any thoughts?

Simon

Slacey

I can always ask if they can supply the Paradise Green ones?

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Slacey"I can always ask if they can supply the Paradise Green ones?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Think it was Cape green actually.

Trouble is the green changed for the later versions.

Simon

aaronjb

Quote from: "Slacey"Oh, and your all welcome to pay me £5 extra, Aaron can donate £20 - I promise to spend it on sane things  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Pish, you'd spend it on copies of 'Modified MX-5 Monthly', wouldn't you  s;) ;) s;)

I'll stop now, before you refuse to include me in the GB  s:D :D s:D

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"I would love 03 vents but not too sure what colour would look good.
I think metalic black wouldn't look right and I am not sure how a resprayed green would look. (plus the extra expense of course).

I think you'd have to go green.. I can't think of any other colours that wouldn't just look silly, unless you had the whole car done, or could get them in carbon fibre or chrome look...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Peter Wright"Yes please count me in. a pair for me in Black
Decided not to go yellow then?
I'm sorry, I think those headlights look absolutely S***E.

That was what smr2ley thought of my yellow headlights

So have decided to paint them black gloss to match the car colour and 03 side vents to match

Pete   s:D :D s:D
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Yes please Shaun, a set of silver ones for me.

Anonymous

Aren't they a bitch to fit?  I might be interested (if I can get a b*tch to fit it!!!!)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

count me in,just confirming our conversation on sunday  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
the chrome ones from japan parts are £110 delivered.
i looked into these about a month ago but the pics arent that clear on the site as the pic of the whole car is tiny.

Anonymous

Me too, I'm with Jonboy I'll go for the Chrome aswell.

as someone once said " I have a vision"

markiii

Guys,

I'd look for some pics of JAE 2002 and Adams original red roadter.

Just my personal opinion but the chrome ones look very plasticky and a bit tacky.

At that price just want you to be sure.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Im in a pair in  siver  for me please

Anonymous

any pictures mark?

SteveJ

Quote from: "mph"Count me in too if you please!

Martin - that's a.... a..... a..... cosmetic mod!   s:? :? s:?  

Are you feeling OK?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"
Quote from: "Slacey"I can always ask if they can supply the Paradise Green ones?

Think it was Cape green actually.

UK = Cape Green
US = Paradise Green

One and the same, like:

UK = Lagoon Blue
US = Spectra Blue Mica

UK = Chilli Red
US = Super Red

UK = Sahara Sun
US = Solar Yellow

UK = Silver Haze
US = Silver

markiii

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "markiii"best I can do

m http://www.angelfire.com/space/mr-s/images/mymr_s5.jpg m

Were you hiding in the bushes for a long time to take that picture? Looks like you've had a PI following him!!!

markiii

what can I say Kerry doesn't trust him   s8) 8) s8)

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "markiii"Just my personal opinion but the chrome ones look very plasticky and a bit tacky.

I quite like it. Red wouldn't fit in with the chrome filler cap. The thing that ruins the look of the chrome intake is the yellow side repeater. They should be clear. However Ad decided he would rather get himself chrome washer jets with little blue LED's   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

N.B. In the picture...who knicked his front NS wheel center cap???

markiii

in me pocket   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Looks like you've had a PI following him

Kerry doesn't trust him

who knicked his front NS wheel center cap

in me pocket

So that's where you hid the tracking beacon  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "Sundance"Aren't they a bitch to fit?  I might be interested (if I can get a b*tch to fit it!!!!)

Take the old one out, put the new one in.
(you can abuse the bitch after you're done though  s;) ;) s;) )

Takes less than 5 mins for both sides, once you know what you're doing. Check the posts about removing side vents for detailed instructions  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Right, I've got you all a great price on these (still waiting for a price on the chrome ones), so I will start a GB over in the Sales forum....

Tags: