Will it fit?

Started by uktotty, June 1, 2008, 14:18

tom_deas

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "GSB"Thats asskissing by IQ challenged lowbrow morons in plastic coated Corsa's though, and not even slightly productive.

That's a sig-worthy quote, if ever there was one.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

right serious question - i have a 5 year old brother. legal to take him in the car with his carseat etc etc. my query is what would the eyes of the law consider it if i resorted to amusing him in heavy 5mph max traffic by overriding the DVD player so that it ran while driving. OBVIOUSLY this is illegal in a sense of the word as it's in view of the driver, however im just wondering what a cops opinion would be on the matter, as if they've ever had kids they'd understand how bleeding impossible they can be to keep quiet... lol
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

markiii

yet again comes down youtake teh risk

expect to get done and anything else is a bonus

however is hes that much trouble you need it consider he may be a bigger distraction to you than the DVD
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Kool PT

Quote from: "tom_deas"OBVIOUSLY this is illegal in a sense of the word as it's in view of the driver

In the sense of the word that it's against the law? I doubt any cop would let you away with that, the implications are a bit more serious than those of taping something off the telly without prior consent from the bbc
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

TJK

Quote from: "tom_deas"I'm just wondering what a cops opinion would be on the matter

Two words:

1. Book
2. Thrown
[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

aaronjb

I imagine they'd take a dim view of it.

This reminds me that I saw a guy driving a fully laden flatbed truck this morning.  He was also reading The Sun...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Is "reading" something you actually do with The Sun?

GSB

Quote from: "TJK"
Quote from: "tom_deas"I'm just wondering what a cops opinion would be on the matter

Two words:

1. Book
2. Thrown

+1

Not even worth considering, its an instant "driving without due care and attention charge", and thats before they get personal.

They will undoubtedly treat you as retard of the highest order, and go through the car with a fine tooth comb as well... If you do have a prang, then you will be charged accordingly, and you've effectivly handed the other party a get out of jail free card. No matter how far on your side of the road/drunk/stoned/asleep/thick as 2 short planks he may be, you're always going to come of worse when he states that were watching the telly whilst driving.

In short don't do it. There is no way on earth any human being can not be distracted by such a thing when driving.

On the point of children who wont be quiet. Well, at the risk of being a little non PC, In my day I got a sound thrashing. That ensured my silence for the rest of the journey, and meant my precious little tantrums didn't have to be responded to with heavy investment in electronics... It also left an impression that if I acted up again I might just get some more of the same... Just a suggestion Tom, but it seems that a damn good slap is whats needed in so many cases of child disobediance. I see it so often, mums and dads trying to keep the peace with the trendy softly softly approach, I ask you, what the hell is the point of trying to "reason" with a tantrum throwing four year old who's throwing a wobbler in the middle of the supermarket aisle? Give the little b*****d a slap, and then send the little git to bed early... Repeat until lesson learned. He'll soon get the hang of it...

Err.... [/rant].
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

tom_deas

Quote from: "GSB"On the point of children who wont be quiet. Well, at the risk of being a little non PC, In my day I got a sound thrashing. That ensured my silence for the rest of the journey, and meant my precious little tantrums didn't have to be responded to with heavy investment in electronics... It also left an impression that if I acted up again I might just get some more of the same... Just a suggestion Tom, but it seems that a damn good slap is whats needed in so many cases of child disobediance. I see it so often, mums and dads trying to keep the peace with the trendy softly softly approach, I ask you, what the hell is the point of trying to "reason" with a tantrum throwing four year old who's throwing a wobbler in the middle of the supermarket aisle? Give the little b*****d a slap, and then send the little git to bed early... Repeat until lesson learned. He'll soon get the hang of it...

Err.... [/rant].

lmao too true. but unfortunately im not his parent and ergo can't really slap him. i do give him the old "firm voice" though

all things considered, for a 5 year old he isnt that bad. but he can have his days. in mums car its ok as she has a dvd player on the rear headrest... hmmm

never mind.
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

tom_deas

oh, if i dont *bother* to wire it in to the handbrake and just have a manual switch for activating / deactivating the screen, is that an MOT fail or just a warning or not an issue

tom_deas

Quote from: "uktotty"Is "reading" something you actually do with The Sun?

a lot of people who buy the sun ********

*edits out his remark*

sorry that was really cold and calous of me  s:( :( s:(  *waits for a sun reader on here to get angry*

SimonC_Here

Flip down screen in the glove box? At least then you can argue it's for the passenger only.

Or get one of those portable DVD players and shove it in the glove box. Then when you need it, get it out and give it to him.

Simon

tom_deas

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Flip down screen in the glove box? At least then you can argue it's for the passenger only.

Or get one of those portable DVD players and shove it in the glove box. Then when you need it, get it out and give it to him.

Simon

hadnt considered a flip down screen in the glovebox...  that could work   s:) :) s:)

i mean, if i could argue and prove that its out of my line of sight then its not an issue as thats what the law states, a screen thats in LoS

TJK

Quote from: "tom_deas"oh, if i dont *bother* to wire it in to the handbrake and just have a manual switch for activating / deactivating the screen, is that an MOT fail or just a warning or not an issue

The thing you need to consider is if you have an accident you will not have a leg to stand on if it comes to light that you are capable of watching TV/DVD's while driving.

It is in the insurer's best interests not to pay out so they will look for any excuse not to!
[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

tom_deas

true true...  but if i have an accident i could just yank all the wiring out - its not soldered in so would take two seconds and then without the braking lead earthed theres no proof i could watch dvds at all  s:) :) s:)

*edit* as in yank out the earthing wire, not ALL the wires, to make that clear! heh

*edit edit* the single (black and white?) wire coming out of the handbrake - is this the correct wire to join my braking lead to?

TJK

Quote from: "tom_deas"true true...  but if i have an accident i could just yank all the wiring out - its not soldered in so would take two seconds and then without the braking lead earthed theres no proof i could watch dvds at all  s:) :) s:)

*edit* as in yank out the earthing wire, not ALL the wires, to make that clear! heh

*edit edit* the single (black and white?) wire coming out of the handbrake - is this the correct wire to join my braking lead to?

This is all worst case, morbid scenario stuff, but if you were in a serious accident there wouldn't be a chance to do that. Cars are impounded pending investigations. Very unlikely I know, but a risk i'm not sure i'd be prepared to take.   s:?: :?: s:?:

uktotty

Cant you just buy the kid a PSP???

markiii

rather than getting away with it perhaps your better considering why teh rule exists

it will distract you, hope your not driving near me with it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

tom_deas

hmmm....

Anonymous

QuoteTJK wrote:
tom_deas wrote:
I'm just wondering what a cops opinion would be on the matter

Two words:

1. Book
2. Thrown
+2.

However you can't give a child a good slapping these days with out someone etc complaining, and getting you in deep water. Therefore parents have to resort to DVD players etc to keep them quiet when driving etc.

Buy a portable DVD player which he can use - and you can also use in hotels etc.

Or buy a child sized sound proof box   s:D :D s:D

Liz

How about a good game of I spy or teach him different car models as you are driving about- its called interaction, why do children have to handed electronics to shut them up - is it easier than speaking to them?

You know you would be breaking the law - and quite frankly I don't even like the fact that it is being discussed on a forum about what the polices opinion would be on it. The law is black and white and not grey.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Kool PT

Quote from: "Liz"How about a good game of I spy or teach him different car models as you are driving about- its called interaction, why do children have to handed electronics to shut them up - is it easier than speaking to them?

You know you would be breaking the law - and quite frankly I don't even like the fact that it is being discussed on a forum about what the polices opinion would be on it. The law is black and white and not grey.

+1000

I was never beaten or given toys to shut me up in childhood, we are talking about a 5 year old kid here not a screaming infant.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

tom_deas

lol honestly....   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

[/img]

GSB

Quote from: "tom_deas"lol honestly....   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Honestly... What?  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Looks like a 2DIN sized HU with screen, mid-install...

I dont get it, what's your point?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

uktotty

Any chance we can get back on topic??????

markiii

we are

it's Toms thread and he asked ref running it without the handbrake overide

Tags: